You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Buying a Home!!!

buzzsaw wrote:

Congrats!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Congrats you two! I think this gives you guys a reason to celebrate! 5

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

And for me a place to crash next year when I cross the US by car!
big_smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

big_smile

Be careful - not with Russ but in general.  We're a bit crazy here on our good days.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

big_smile

Be careful - not with Russ but in general.  We're a bit crazy here on our good days.

As long as people don't attack me for no reason I guess I'm fine.
wink

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Cool.

Now is there anything left between this appraisal and close?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
smoke wrote:

I have never had an appraisal that didn't come in at that number.

I have and they kill deals all the time.

After the housing bust appraisers work harder, are paid less and are scrutinized like never before. Banks do not want to loan out one penny more than the value of the home for fear of losing money.

Back a few years ago yea, appraisals came in at whatever you needed them too, but not anymore. Today they are strict as hell and when they submit a report they better have the comps to back it up.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Who's "they"? The bank, or did the inspector just point it out? If it was just the inspector, then  it's up to you how you want it handled. You can fix it yourself after purchase, have the sellers contribute cash back or a discount to cover the cost, or have them fix it.

I defer to Cramer's experience ultimately though, because he seems to have professional experience, whereas I've just been through this from the individual side a few times.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

"They" are the bank. The appraiser noted it in her report, and the bank indicated to me yesterday that these items might need to be repaired prior to closing. This was at 10pm EST last night, so I didn't get a response to my emails last night.

This morning, I've found out that my friend who is a builder can build stairs for me today, which is AWESOME. He can also install a new garage door opener with the safety feature that's required. In the 80's (when this opener was installed), the auto-reverse feature was not required.

I also found out that in a similar case, my boss' sister had the same deal with a door on her home, and her builder just put a 2x4 across the outside of the door to secure it and that was sufficient for FHA.

So we'll see what happens!!

Board footer