You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: 1 year

I sadly have to agree with bigbri. He may very well want CD to be the best it can be, but it won't be for us. It's for him and possibly his fame. Which we are not a part of. He doesn't want us.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I agree with what both of you guys are saying and I think he's silent because there's nothing to talk about.  There has to be tons of tension in the band right now and I honestly will be surprised if we don't see the remaining members start to depart in the next few months.  Bucket just said "fuck it" a little quicker than the rest...think maybe he was "on to something?"   16

AtariLegend wrote:

They say its all finished, and until they turn around soon and say their doing more work I won't be as negative as you guys.

^^^^^^^^

...And I really don't think anyone should take what MSL says all that too seriously.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

They say its all finished, and untill they turn around soon and say there doing more work I won't be as negaative as you guys.

^^^^^^^^

...And I really don't think anyone should take what MSL says all that too seriously.

Trust me, noone wants it any other way.  It's good to see you and some others have a little more hope than (myself) and some of my fellow curmudgeons have.  16  We all want the same thing some of us just have been let down so many times it is hard for us to muster up the optimism at times.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Again, I think it all comes back to just what exactly Axl has control over anymore.

Maybe it's taken some time for it to sink in to him that he's not bigger than the label anymore and that playing power games with record execs is ultimately leaving him on the sidelines instead of  improving his bargaining position which once was the case.

This adjustment down in the scale of his ego and ambition is probably hard for Axl to do and is taking time. He's pulled the record label string so hard and for so long that I think he's broken it and finally that realisation is sinking in.

I think CD will come out when the label says so, not Axl. Now Axl may not even know when that is himself.  maybe he's not commenting for legal reasons, out of embarrassment or pride, or maybe he's not arsed.
We must remember that CD is still a perfect album as long as it stays a piece of folklore and Axl does not have to be judged. It could well mean a more relaxed, peaceful existance as long as it stays that way.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

The most irritating thing is he said we'd be told if there were any more delays, is 9 months after the March 6th date not considered a significant enough delay to tell people about?

but remember what MSL said.. Axl was going to start communicating more openly but doesn't like all the negativity that comes out of everytime he does speak.

I'm afraid that is a consequence of years of let downs and silence, people are bound to be sceptical. I seem to remember most were pretty upbeat when his letter came out, it was informative, outlined album plans etc that's all most are asking for, a bit of communication. Yes i accept some will bitch whatever he says and at that time it was pretty uncalled for but it was far from a majority that moaned when his open letter came out. If he's holding out for universal popularity he'll be waiting a long time, forget about what people are saying and just focus on updating a fanbase that was kept in the dark for too long, he'd soon find there was a lot less bitching if the updates continued and the fans felt less alienated. It's about building up some trust and mutual respect between band and fans, the fans would be much more eager to jump to his defence and be much less critical if they felt appreciated. I understand it's a vicious cycle, why should the band respect or update a fanbase that's always negative and complaining right, but as the band are the one's that hold all the answers the first move's gotta be made by them. The letter was a huge step in the right direction in so many ways, however considering what the letter said and the previous 8 years of practically no information, going quiet again was the worst thing Axl could have done. Now it's all got to be done again at some point, and he will be met with scepticism again, I just hope whenever that happens he realises the best way to stop the negativity is to keep his word, not go silent.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

We must remember that CD is still a perfect album as long as it stays a piece of folklore and Axl does not have to be judged.

I think the ship has already sailed on that line of thinking. Everyone but the most die hard optimists are now willing to admit that the album is nowhere near as good as the myth and expectation made it out to be. Whether you are Axl Rose or the record company, you do not sit on a masterpiece for the better part of a decade. With Axl supposedly wanting to bury the old band, there is no way in hell he would have continued living off the old legacy if this album is what it was claimed to be. He would have released it in 02 when he was supposedly thrilled to shut up all the nay sayers and move the band forward from the 87-93 era. Obviously that was all talk.

I'm not saying its gonna suck. Obviously its not going to. Its just not going to set the world on fire, bury the old discography, and sell millions of albums. I know that, you know that, and he knows that. Which is why there's always an excuse to stall and do anything but release the album.

He isn't holding back because the illusion is that its perfect, he's holding it back because the moment it gets released, its judged and signifies the death of everything that came before it. For a man who depends on everything that came before it to make his living, its obviously not a risk worth taking.

We are probably going to see more band departures soon.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

So depressing when you think about it. I'll never understand why there cant be more communication with the fanbase. The fanbase that defends him like crazy.

AtariLegend wrote:

I disagree, I don't the band should ever pay any attention to what any of us think, especially on GNR Forums.

Not to say that they should to me...

A Private Eye wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

The most irritating thing is he said we'd be told if there were any more delays, is 9 months after the March 6th date not considered a significant enough delay to tell people about?

but remember what MSL said.. Axl was going to start communicating more openly but doesn't like all the negativity that comes out of everytime he does speak.

I'm afraid that is a consequence of years of let downs and silence, people are bound to be sceptical. I seem to remember most were pretty upbeat when his letter came out, it was informative, outlined album plans etc that's all most are asking for, a bit of communication. Yes i accept some will bitch whatever he says and at that time it was pretty uncalled for but it was far from a majority that moaned when his open letter came out. If he's holding out for universal popularity he'll be waiting a long time, forget about what people are saying and just focus on updating a fanbase that was kept in the dark for too long, he'd soon find there was a lot less bitching if the updates continued and the fans felt less alienated. It's about building up some trust and mutual respect between band and fans, the fans would be much more eager to jump to his defence and be much less critical if they felt appreciated. I understand it's a vicious cycle, why should the band respect or update a fanbase that's always negative and complaining right, but as the band are the one's that hold all the answers the first move's gotta be made by them. The letter was a huge step in the right direction in so many ways, however considering what the letter said and the previous 8 years of practically no information, going quiet again was the worst thing Axl could have done. Now it's all got to be done again at some point, and he will be met with scepticism again, I just hope whenever that happens he realises the best way to stop the negativity is to keep his word, not go silent.

What killed me about how people reacted to his letter is when he clearly said TENTATIVE March 6th, people were running with that as if that was the concrete release date.   That was going on for the months after and when March 6th came and went and people went ape shit when it wasn't something Axl ever said was set in stone, I am sure that is what caused him to not give the updates he promised.   I do hate that no matter what Axl does, people do react soo negatively.   I understand that it's because of past broken promises but March 6th SHOULD have came and went with okay he said tentative, lets see what he says, instead of the extreme backlash of that.  If people have had it with Axl and GNR then they should just give up the forums because if a member is a type of person that no matter what positive or negative, the response is negative then why be here and mess it up more for the rest of us even more.   I mean I hate to say it but as much as Axl has done that has irritated the fan base, if you really hate him or hate the situation that much, it's time to step away from it.   Plain and Simple, if you feel like betrayed, then walk away, some people have and I find that to be a great way to handle the situation.

Board footer