You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: 11-21-2012 The Joint, Las Vegas (Being filmed in 3D)

metallex78 wrote:
Naltav wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I don't remember the "third album" being mentioned in 2006. I remember Axl saying something like they were working on 30 or songs, and 26 were nearly done...

I suppose that could be seen as "three albums" though

He said on Eddie Trunk's show in '06 that "there are two records where the majority of the music is done and the majority of the vocals are done. And there's another half of a record that's being worked on. We were actually working on a song a little bit tonight that is not even on the first two records."

Here's the clip. Jump to 1:28:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6iTjYmYmgE

Thanks for that, I completely forgot about the Trunk interview where he went into a bit of detail about it.

Sky Dog wrote:

well known there is another album already recorded...well known...doesn't mean it will ever be released. Simple as that.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It'll definitely be released at some point, Axl won't live forever.

Hopefully we won't have to wait that long though...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

^You raise an interesting point.

The thought that springs to mind is that of Axl fretting so much about the public response that he wouldn't allow post-humous release if Slash were still kicking. Who knows, some sneaky party might even ask Slash to re-record the geetar 16

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

If the Lebeis are responsible - and they'll probably be - for his estate, you bet there will be A LOT of releases when Axl is gone for good.

Expect the Perfect Crime documentary, expect a DVD every three months of UYI concerts, expect greates hits 2, 3,4,5 and so on, expect box sets, alternate versions, Chinese Democracy re-recorded with Slash and DUff, GN'R reunion with Justin Bieber singing...

The sad thing? I'm not kidding.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

We might start getting all that old stuff once Axl's touring viability comes to an end. As Izzy said, if Axl went broke he'd expect this type of call pretty soon: "Hi it's Axl, you know, I've been thinking..".

Guy might have some integrity, but he still got to eat.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

If the Lebeis are responsible - and they'll probably be - for his estate, you bet there will be A LOT of releases when Axl is gone for good.

Expect the Perfect Crime documentary, expect a DVD every three months of UYI concerts, expect greates hits 2, 3,4,5 and so on, expect box sets, alternate versions, Chinese Democracy re-recorded with Slash and DUff, GN'R reunion with Justin Bieber singing...

The sad thing? I'm not kidding.

Thats not sad, all that stuff would be fucking awesome, seeing as we get fucking ZERO currently.... 14

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah but then I wonder if Axl will ensure that doesn't happen by destroying his vault.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah but then I wonder if Axl will ensure that doesn't happen by destroying his vault.

Yeah he is probably so bitter he would try and write something into his Will to make sure that none of this stuff ever gets released.

Although as Otto said if the Lebeis' are still around and there is a way, they will be milking every bit of stuff they could find for $$'s.  So there is still some hope.

Board footer