You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: www.paradisecity.com

otto wrote:

Thing is, GN'R and Fernando had been linking content from ParadiseCity.com like hell back in the Vegas residency...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

They just replied with this:

www.paradisecity.com wrote:

Thanks for the reply and info.  We have heard others with similar sentiments and aim for this to be more about the Brand than the Band per se.  We hope previous members including Slash and Duff would find value and participate as well.  At the end of the day, we are building an online community that will evolve to what the community members evolve.

This is an interesting twist. It'll all probably come to nothing, and we'll learn that they were speaking out of turn, but it does raise some questions about who can do what.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Something just occured to me.

Marc Canter said that Beta hates Slash but acknowledges that a reunion is where the money is. However, the reunion is not going to happen on stage but maybe Team Brazil are trying to make it happen in a business sense.

Is this is some attempt toset up a proxy GNR site where some "external & impartial party" will attempt to boost revenues into the GNR brand by trying to coax Duff &  Slash into taking part in its promotion.

As Axl, Slash & Duff are the main bosses of the old catalogue, the thinking would be that there is money for all to be made regardless of personal issues or circumstances around each old member.

I can think of no other reason why Team Brazil would support a website that actually acknowledges that Axl did not write and tour AFD and UYI as a solo artist who called himself Guns N Roses.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. On the poster for the Vegas residency, wasn't the old font face used for the wording Appetite for Democracy? Wasn't there a legal judgement that nuGNR couldn't use that font face, along with the old logos etc? All that is owned by the old partnership, GNRMusic, and Axl would need Slash and Duff's approval.

I'm not sure if any of that's true,  though it would make sense, but say it is, does this indicate that things have softened between the two sides? Remember Slash saying in that Trunk interview that things are better between him and Axl, as they haven't spoken most people thought Slash was referring to the business end of things.

Well maybe there's more positive communications between them all? There's also something about the recent Slash dvd, I can't remember, but something on there would need Axl's approval. Maybe Team Brazil are trying to build bridges? A reunion is a no go for several reasons, but they could collaborate more on the business side. There's no doubt that people are hungry for the classic line-up.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Guns twitter tweeted another link to the site. So they could be in on it, or have no idea of their intentions to "celebrate the brand".

Honestly though, at this point. Isn't that what they're doing now with the nonstop touring and lack of focus on new material?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Does Slash's "no talking about GN'R" policy apply to GN'R fan chats as well?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Does Slash's "no talking about GN'R" policy apply to GN'R fan chats as well?

I'm guessing he'd make an exception IF there was something to talk about. But yeah, if he sticks to his "guns", I wouldn't expect much participation from him.

Board footer