You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: www.paradisecity.com

faldor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
faldor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Here's something interesting. This was posted on the main page:
http://i48.tinypic.com/25ezh51.jpg

That was a tweet from Slash from a few days ago.  Do they post all "members" tweets?  It is a little interesting that the GNR twitter keeps sending out links to the site, and it's obviously open to celebrating the past.  Reunion speculation starts NOW!!!

I'm kind of confused by it. I was under the impression a member would have to sign up and add all their info in. I could be wrong, but my guess is that Slash (or someone representing him) would have logged in to enter his twitter info.

You would think so.  But maybe they feel it's okay to take the liberty to post things that were tweeted/said in a public forum.  I doubt Slash has any clue that site exists.  UNLESS he's coming back.  The GNR twitter seems to be the only one pushing the site, which is weird in its own right considering their acceptance for the old members.  Well, 21

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

This website is the most bizarre entry into the GnR clusterfuck in recent years.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

For years Axl has tried to bury Slash and classic GNR, look at how he cut Marc Cantor off, there are no signs that he's changed this stance... unless this is one, so I'm going to assume that this is being done by an overzealous Backplane and without Axl's knowledge, which according to him is a frequent thing.

I doubt Slash has a clue.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtomsNest

AtomsNest wrote:

How many times have people around Axl done things that it turns out they were not authorised to do? I'm just skeptical that this is coming from Axl himself. Yes it's Team Brazil, who are supposed to be better than previous managers, but who knows what's going on, there's always an issue in the world of GNR. Until something more concrete comes along, I'm holding out saying this is Axl's doing.

But even it were coming from him, I find it very hard to believe he has changed his stance on Slash, and I don't take this as an indication of that, despite it going against everything he has done until now.

There has to be other reasons why this site is all-eras and open to Slash. Maybe it's just boils down to being good business sense. I mean the official site wasn't much of a success, maybe Team Brazil/Axl realise they have to embrace the classic line-up in order to run a successful operation, and who knows what their financial conditions is, maybe Axl can longer afford to bury Slash.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Perhaps someone from Backplane just linked Slash's account, since it's public, to the Slash PC profile placeholder so it generates traffic and activity on ParadiseCity?

I mean, we're GNR hardcores and we're used to looking into things too much. This might be the case.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I can see a couple of days has not lifted the Scooby Doo-like mystery of all of this.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtomsNest

AtomsNest wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Perhaps someone from Backplane just linked Slash's account, since it's public, to the Slash PC profile placeholder so it generates traffic and activity on ParadiseCity?

I mean, we're GNR hardcores and we're used to looking into things too much. This might be the case.

This is what I'd assume, someone from Backplane has just linked the rss feed of Slash's twitter. They're trying to drum up participants by using the classic line-up imo.

I still don't understand what this site is for, and how do they go from Gaga to Guns N Roses. I would have thought current pop acts with younger more internet active fans would be their target.

Board footer