You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: So what are we looking at this year in terms of release?

Abbey_Road wrote:

I know every year we go the same routine but it is Jan. 9, 2007.  If CD is to be released this year, what is the timeline or earliest it would come out?

Do we still factor in the 6 weeks promotion or whatever Axl said in that letter from 2006?

Would say April be a realistic date or would the summer with a movie soundtrack?

Or should I just focus on 2009?

big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha same as last year i would say a 8 week minimum turnover time....from what i've been told 10 weeks is a more likely timeframe as 8 weeks is really tight, and giving Axl's history of timeframes i'd wager that 10 weeks is more like what we will get. but for the sake of axl's letter he said 8 weeks so if we go by that the earliest we'll see it is march 4th....if all the "negotiating" is done by next tuesday...now i also doubt we'll hear about it exactly when everythign is kosher itll prolly be more like a 5 week timeline from when we actually get the news....

what month could it get released? any guess is prolly good

rock albums released last year

Jan - Blood Stained Love Story - Saliva
February - Infinity on High - Fall Out Boy
March - Neon Bible Arcade Fire
Apr - Year Zero - Nine Inch Nails
May - Black Rain - Ozzy Osbourne
June - Lost Highway - Bon Jovi
July - Libertad - Velvet Revolver
August - Kala - M.I.A.
September - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace - Foo Fighters
October - Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold
November - Angel Down - Sebastian Bach
December - Chicken Noodles II Buckethead and Travis Dickerson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albums_released_in_2007

thats just one album per month but if you look closer it seems that the big season for Rock releases is april may june....i guess to gear up for the summer touring season....and it seems that oct nov dec more belongs to compilations and rap artists

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

Did that end of year list from Uni ever get published online?  Does Uni put out a list every quarter?  I know many said that if it's on that list then it can come out but say it's on the list this April.  Does that mean we get it in April or does that mean we get it whenever Uni wants to put it out?

I don't understand how this all works as you can see

lol

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

haha i dont understand it really either....i've just been lucky to pick a few brains about people that know a bit about the industry...hell i prolly even have some stuff mixed up still about it

i have no idea where the uni lists get released or when they do, but i would imagine that at this stage that when uni officially gives a date in writing for CD that it will be concrete

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Gotta admit that I only read the title of this thread but all I've got to say is:

16:haha::haha:

17:(

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Funny, Buckethead is on that list. He could have been on that list for every month of the year!

As for GNR, surely, this is a joke thread, right?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Funny, Buckethead is on that list. He could have been on that list for every month of the year!

haha i know....but i wanted to mix it up a bit 16 bh was crazy last year for releases...how many does he plan to release this year? 18 16

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Given that Merck wrote "Axls" letter wouldn't it be better to ask him? 16

Axl's to busy letting Beta, Del James and that psychic chick walk all over him to care about releasing an album hmm

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

haha i know....but i wanted to mix it up a bit 16 bh was crazy last year for releases...how many does he plan to release this year? 18 16

hard telling, but Praxis' Profonation was already released in Japan, so there's 1. It's getting great reviews over at Buckethead.tk. Mike Patton, Iggy Pop sing on it, among others.

http://info.hmv.co.jp/p/t/2637/986.html

He'll probably tour a lot this year, and release a few, I'd guess.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I need to hear that Praxis album.

*hint hint*

Board footer