You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: GNR headlining Governor's Ball

Bro-mero wrote:
misterID wrote:

People are still calling them nuGN'R?

As a joke, I do

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

The only option for Axl and GN'R is to absolutely knock this performance out of the park.

Which means Axl needs to show up for sound check and practice practice practice! 19

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The young hipsters are a bit dramatic, but no different than how the GnR peeps reacted to opening acts such as Mix Master Mike etc.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't know anything about this thing, but they had to have made GN'R the offer, so this isn't management so much as they're going to take the money, but someone at the governor's ball must've thought it was a good fit. And Jesus Christ, today's hipster wanna be indie rock phonies are idiots. God I hate them. And that has nothing to do with GN'R, I just hate them 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

How are they any more out of place than Kanye West?  Are people bothered by his presence there?

No offence but if you really need me to answer this than you're so far out of touch I don't know what to say.  Gn'R like BLS said stick out like an insanely sore thumb on this bill.  It's painfully obvious.

I guess I'm out of touch then.  Kanye West struck me as an odd choice for that bill as well.  Sort of like he seemed out of place at the Hurricane Sandy relief concert.  Just didn't seem like the right crowd for him.  And compared to the other acts on THIS bill, I'd say it looks like a similar situation.  He's a little controversial, could rub people the wrong way, has done some questionable things over the years.  But since he's commercially more relevant than Axl these days, that makes everything okay?  If that's the answer, okay.  But to me, he still seems out of place.  I think Axl and GNR could get a lot more people excited at that show than Kanye West.  It might not be the same band they once knew, or the same Axl, but I would think they'd know a lot more, and enjoy a lot more GNR songs that night than anything Kanye had to offer.  Again, based on the other acts on the bill.  If there were more rap, R&B, hip hop acts, than I wouldn't be making the argument.

Hell, maybe I AM way off.  Maybe people who like the Lumineers and Kings of Leon are big fans of Kanye West.  Who knows.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

He's more relevant than GNR on this line up. There are a few more hip hop acts performing too.. Not their crowd. Not at all. They stick out like a sore thumb. Hope they play well and show the audience a good time but I doubt many will be paying attention. I've been too this festival before. I can't see it working.

Wouldn't mind going again and seeing The Avett Brothers and Nas though. Few others on that list as well. Rest are crap.

To me it seems like a diverse group of acts, from all sorts of genres.  So I'm not sure why GNR would be any more out of place than a Kanye West.  To think that people in that crowd wouldn't enjoy hearing SCOM or PC is a little hard for me to believe.  It's not like they're going to launch into Right Next Door To Hell and Back off Bitch. 

The music isn't the problem, it's the perception.  So my point about Kanye stands.  He isn't the most positively received artist in the music industry over the years.  Yet the outrage is over Axl Rose and his hired guns?  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  Obviously I have a biased opinion and I don't personally have a problem with Kanye.  But it just seems odd.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The best quote on that facebook page was a girl who said "You're all bitching now, but when GnR come on you'll all be singing along to 'Living on a Prayer.'"

I shit you not.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Fantastic idea for a flash mob, right there. big_smile

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Cramer wrote:

The best quote on that facebook page was a girl who said "You're all bitching now, but when GnR come on you'll all be singing along to 'Living on a Prayer.'"

I shit you not.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-dont-wa … et-anymore

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:

I shit you not.

Haha, maybe it was intentional. tongue

Board footer