You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Did Hitler Escape to Argentina?

polluxlm wrote:

It's a very pro Hitler documentary. You always have to take that into account. It's main value is that such a documentary has basically never been made (excepting obvious neo nazi productions) and as a consequence you get to hear information you otherwise wouldn't. If you don't like the Holocaust stuff you can just skip those episodes, it doesn't take up that much time I think.

Not always a big fan of the music and movie clip segments either, but a good independent documentary is so rare I'll take about any amount of irritation to get the good information. Don't even watch television produced docu's anymore. Only independent stuff and university lectures (though you might be surprised how many of those are full of crap too).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It's a very pro Hitler documentary.

Which is fine. Only way to get even close to the truth is by looking at it from all sides. Any "pro Hitler" stance needs to concentrate on the lead up to WWII instead of sidestepping the Holocaust.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I couldn't agree more. I've always been stunned to this day how much truth has basically been ignored, if not completely brushed away. Kind of like we always just accept what we're told, and even those that dig further typically have a biased reason why they do.

I might sit down and watch this thing, just because of how it's described. I watched so many pro-Jew sympathy pieces, and have been indoctrinated into the truth as read from a text book for years that it's still one of the most hotly contested periods in time. It's not to be anti-Jew, as much as the Jews have just much a reason to lie as the neo-Nazi's, or these dreamers of a Fourth Reich.

Either way like always the truth is in the middle between the Jews, the Americans, the Soviets, and just the eyes that were there.

I still find it fascinating that even in America we are still finding facts, clues, and artifacts from the Civil War that contest the accepted truth of that war. And everytime it happens, you have the Abolitionist argument all over again. Those who accept no truth from the South, and those who accept no pro-Union stories, and in the end everyone is a fucking liar.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's the most interesting era in history IMO. There's an infinite amount of layers to WWII. It will probably never be fully understood. There's also a lot of "what if's" surrounding it. The Nazis get a ton of shit for taking Germany to hell with them(deservedly so), but what choice did he have at that point? In 1942 they were so deeply involved there was no going back. The US, Russia, and Britain had him painted into a corner with zero wiggle room. In 1940 he was willing to make peace with the West. Two years later it was too late. Hitler made a lot of blunders but the biggest was his declaration of war on the US. I realize the US was helping Russia and Britain before that but it still made no sense.

DavidJones
 Rep: 0 

DavidJones wrote:

I think it's just another conspiracy theory. I doubt he would choose the coward way out from what I've seen of him.

Board footer