You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: GNR to headline 2014 Rock on the Range

faldor wrote:

http://www.rockontherange.com/2014lineup.html

In Columbus, OH May 16-18. More US dates in the form of a full tour to follow?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

how...in the world...do they keep getting booked as headliners in the US? Don't get me wrong, if they come to MA I'll gladly go see them because I love concerts and I'm a diehard, but seriously, I don't understand how this keeps happening. When they tour the US, they play to 1/2-3/4 full 15000 seat arenas.

Cfx
 Rep: 0 

Cfx wrote:

Because they don't have to sell it out to turn a profit.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

how...in the world...do they keep getting booked as headliners in the US? Don't get me wrong, if they come to MA I'll gladly go see them because I love concerts and I'm a diehard, but seriously, I don't understand how this keeps happening. When they tour the US, they play to 1/2-3/4 full 15000 seat arenas.

Did you see all the crap or has been bands on that list?  Which one of them would headline over Axl? And few bands on that list that are decent wouldn't headline (like BLS) so who else would you pick? Its not like they are headlining over a band like Muse or anything.

Plus I could see Axl saying, well if I don't headline i am not playing.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

You are right that there isn't necessarily a worthy headliner on the bill over GNR (though I bet one could make the case for Staind strictly on commercials), I just don't believe for one second that GNR are woo-ing a significant amount of prospective ticket purchasers that wouldn't have otherwise gone.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'M SO EXCITED! My friend's older brother went to the festival last year. My bro wanted me and him to save our money a ton these next couple months. I don't know about you guys; but I love some of these bands that are headlining or are below Guns. I'm pumped. Plus...it will be one of the ways I'll see GNR live in person. I know I'm going to wait a good amount before their set starts. 16

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Did you see all the crap or has been bands on that list?  Which one of them would headline over Axl?

Motorhead, Slayer, Alter Bridge, Exodus...

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

MOTORHEAD!! 3

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
NoKnownName wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Did you see all the crap or has been bands on that list?  Which one of them would headline over Axl?

Motorhead, Slayer, Alter Bridge, Exodus...

Now that's just mean! 14

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Motorhead should headline every festival they play.

There's also Black Label Society, Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience and Kvelertak.

Slayer is, I'm afraid, now a greed fest ran by Kerry King. hmm

Board footer