You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

misterID wrote:

MSL's site. It seems the insiders are split with MSL about Ron. MSL likes him and thinks he's still in, the others don't, to all of that.

Yeah, Richard has really impressed me. His intros to Madagascar and Patience are awesome. Had no idead until recently that he had a hand fleshing out Better with Robin into an actual song.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ron is out. I think that much is obvious, but I think Rob being out was from different perspectives, rather than bickering. Ron was probably told by the hangers on that Axl was mulling retirement going into the final Vegas residency shows, and so Ron, as well as Frank and others made alternate plans, plus Tommy was already thinking or already done reuniting with The Mats.

Suddenly everyone makes other plans, and now Axl talks another album like GN'R ain't dead. AGAIN... this comes back to there being two entirely different cliques in GN'R. Ron was never in, neither was Frank, and from that point there's probably two more cliques within the cliques.

From what i've seen Richard is the one that knows what the band itself is doing. Axl knows what Axl is doing, and it seems only DJ is in on what Axl's doing, because DJ has becomes Axl's 21st century Del James. Axl has a thing for those DJ guys. Next he'll be hanging with Don Johnson or something.

It was Team Brazil's way of rebooting the new Guns, without anyone being fired up-front.

My guess is when Guns shows up live again, and they will eventually, you'll probably see a quite differnet Guns. Something tells me Duff is going to be back in full-time, and more than likely Brain will return to replace his replacement. Guitarist? Who knows... i'm hoping Doug Aldrich gets called. I hope Doug Aldrich gets the job over Slash or Buckethead. Hopefully they'll consider him, especially considering Axl seems to be full-bore now doing the 80's sleaze rock tribute act.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Doug Aldrich is a fucking beast, even if he is now writing with a glorified Hall N Oates. Haha.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Doug Aldrich is a fucking beast, even if he is now writing with a glorified Hall N Oates. Haha.

Aw, man, low blow. Deen Castronovo is great. I could live without Jack Blades, but they are gonna make good music.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Have you heard the new song?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I've  heard a few of them. They are normal, run-of-the-mill stuff. They're not reinventing the wheel. Of course, I'm a huge Journey fan, so this type of melodic rock appeals to me.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Rather than start a "Doug Aldrich For Guns" thread:

Dude is fucking incredible. His playing reeks of what Zakk Wylde used to be.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Doug Aldrich is one of the very best rock players on the planet..  Great tone, feel and chops.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
otto wrote:

Fortus can shred if needed and could probably replicate the most complex solos just fine.

I disagree. See Madagascar solo as main reason why....if he cant be called on to do that properly on a regular basis, unplug his guitar.

apex-twin wrote:

Gilby was let go the same way, actually. He confirmed in a recent interview that he was still in Guns when Sympathy was recorded.

A simple way to prove that is dating his RS interview in 1994. Don't remember which band member said it years later, but Gilby essentially speaking for the band in that interview is why he got fired.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

For the record, I don't think the intention was to replicate Bucket's Madagascar solo. Remember this was before the album came out and there were different versions for solos, intros and guitar parts live (Chinese Democracy, Street of Dreams, Madagascar..)

Board footer