You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Adler back in studio

FlashFlood wrote:

This is good news. Hope he's doing better. First record was one of the better solo records post split.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/origin … dler-band/

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Never thought I'd say this, but to me Adler's solo career is the most impressive of them all.

Today I think his sense of rhythm was integral to the sound of the old band.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

His last album kicked major ass!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Curb some of the enthusiasm.

Helming the sessions once again is producer Jeff Pilson (FOREIGNER, DOKKEN), who told "The Double Stop" podcast earlier this month, "Steven started recording today [at my Southern California studio]; we recorded the first tune today. I don't know if we're gonna do a whole record. I think we're gonna just do a couple of songs, because it's kind of, like, why bother doing a whole record these days?"

Having said that, it's nice that Adler's been (apparently) sober and back in the studio. Seems like a good plan to make a roundtrip to the studio; hopefully, he'll take the band on the road soon after.

It was rather anticlimatic to hear he fell apart (again) right after finally putting the album together some years back. Just reminded me how things had been all the way since the Jizzy Pearl/Keri Kelli/Brent Muscat/Robbie Crane configuration of Adler's Appetite; a seasoned group of rockers hailing from the AFD era, a totally groovy unit which was sabotaged from the get-go by, largely, Adler's personal issues. The biggest difference between then and now is the existence of the studio album, which at least stands the test of time to prove Adler still feels compelled to create new things, at least when he's got it together. It's been much like as it has been with Axl, fearing for the moment he'll eventually shoot himself on the foot, letting his band and his fans down - again.

Good luck to Adler, hope he stays on the straight n' narrow.

Board footer