You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Ash vs. Evil Dead

AtariLegend wrote:

This looks good.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

AtariLegend wrote:

This looks good.

Yeah I saw this yesterday. I'm hyped.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah i'm looking forward to it. I remember back in the late 90's on the 'net, Raimi busted his ASS to try to get Evil Dead IV made and it just never came to fruition. That Evil Dead video game pretty much is ED4.

I never thought the franchise would've continued on as a TV series 23 years in the future. Times change. Psycho: The Series (Bates Motel), Scream: The Series (MTV), Evil Dead: The Series (Ash vs. ED), and they're supposed to be prepping a new Friday The 13th: The Series (with Jason), and Hellraiser: The Series.

Apparently all of these old slasher titles are continuing on as TV shows. Shocked Halloween hasn't been turned into a TV series, specifically using that old anthology concept from Halloween III: Season of the Witch. There's a wealth of horror stories there.

Either way, hopefully it'll be good. It looks good. But out of all these new horror TV series, Bates Motel is the only one of quality i've seen.

AtariLegend wrote:

This show is really good btw. It's exactly what you'd want as a fan of the original trilogy. It doesn't hold back.

Completely over the top.

johndivney wrote:

Love it.
Haven't laughed as hard in a long time as I did for the first episode & it's just continued from there. Really captured army of darkness perfectly & packaged it for tv.

Me_Wise_Magic

johndivney wrote:

Love it.
Haven't laughed as hard in a long time as I did for the first episode & it's just continued from there. Really captured army of darkness perfectly & packaged it for tv.

Especially since they aren't allowed to reference or show footage from Army of Darkness due to different film rights and legal b.s. I'm really enjoying this show so far. Can't wait to catch up on this week's episode.

AtariLegend wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Especially since they aren't allowed to reference or show footage from Army of Darkness due to different film rights and legal b.s. I'm really enjoying this show so far. Can't wait to catch up on this week's episode.

Yes, it's really weird. Apparently the film rights were all over the place. They have the rights to the first/second (I think) films, but you'd assume apart from the brief flashback that it followed the third.

It doesn't harm the series to be honest at all. If you missed the flashback you'd have no idea.

Me_Wise_Magic

AtariLegend wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Yes, it's really weird. Apparently the film rights were all over the place. They have the rights to the first/second (I think) films, but you'd assume apart from the brief flashback that it followed the third.

It doesn't harm the series to be honest at all. If you missed the flashback you'd have no idea.

You're right. It turns out one of the reasons Evil Dead 2 has some recon in the beginning parts of the movie is that Sam Raimi technically didn't have the distribution rights to the first Evil Dead because it was sold to another film company and it wasn't until Evil Dead 2 was about to be released that's when he got them back. Then with Army of Darkness came with Universal and all the rights weirdness that came out after the film's run in theaters. Which is why it took a long time to get a proper DVD release and now a brand new quality Blu-Ray that just came out which I hear is worth getting. Also when Sony produced the reboot and the rights to the Evil Dead main license went to them. Which is why Sony disturbed the TV show for Starz and Universal for some odd reason won't give up the rights to Army of Darkness. Originally Raimi was interested in doing Army of Darkness 2 with Bruce and Sony Pictures or maybe a hybrid spin-off with the events that happened with Mia from the reboot. But..with Universal that ain't happening and with the king getting up there in age, it makes more sense to do a TV show right now. I'm just glad something worked out in the long run and I'm digging the results.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Never was a huge ED fan, but this looks pretty good. Good dose of humor and creative kills.

Me_Wise_Magic

polluxlm wrote:

Never was a huge ED fan, but this looks pretty good. Good dose of humor and creative kills.

Agreed. Kind of wish the episodes were a little longer; but I can't wait for the next one.

Board footer