You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hell yes James!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

and when the vault is opened and they're putting together DVDs of that 87-90 period, include stuff like this....

Include outtakes from SCOM and Patience videos as well.

Some fans seem to balk at potential releases of old GNR material but I guarantee there's going to be some great stuff.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I love that shout out Slash does! Iconic!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Put Axl, Slash, Duff, and Adler/Sorum in this room with Izzy for an hour and this song gets a whole LOT better.

That song is VERY solid. And you're right, take this track and infuse it with 4 parts GnR, and holy shit...wow.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

A translation of a recent article from BILD, one of the biggest newspapers in Germany. Original here.

Welcome To The Jungle!

Currently roll over the rumors about the mega reunion of Guns N 'Roses (November Rain). The trigger was Slash (50), which last week announced that he and Axl Rose (53) have to bury the hatchet after nearly 20 years. But a woman could make plans to naught ...

Slash had left the band in 1996 in a dispute with Axl Rose, it was followed by other founding members such as Duff McKagan (51). While Slash and Duff made further solo, Axl gathered a completely new troop around and toured as Guns N 'Roses.

Now hoped the music world on the comeback of the Gunners in the original cast.

The signs are good: Axl and Duff are fantastic for years. The bassist played even with several concerts of Guns N 'Roses in the past few years again. Duff and Slash never had a problem, and after 20 years, the signs at Axl and Slash to peace. So Slash told the Swedish magazine Aftonbladet: It was probably long overdue. It is now all cool. You should let this negativity that has so long existed, go.

When asked about a possible reunion he replied: Oh, I can not answer this question. Let us leave out this subject, because you know, this question is getting old.

The question is more relevant than ever because after the two guitarists DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot have left in recent months GN'R, there is room for Slash. BILD learned: For two years, the lawyers of the musicians are already sitting on the contracts for mega comeback in (almost) original cast.

Yet but the plans have a catch: This is named Perla Ferrar (40), estranged wife of Slash. In January 2015, the couple separated and filed for divorce. The problem: There is no marriage contract between Slash and his wife. This means that the enforcement of divorce, 50% of ownership of musician you are awarded.

That is: Before the divorce is not through, Guns N 'Roses will be the reunion not proclaim otherwise Ferrar would earn vigorously at possible comeback. According to BILD sources it should come to the 2016 official live comeback. This fits well with the statements of Gunners guitarist Richard Fortus, who announced the other day in an interview with the St. Louis radio station that 2016 will be a great year for fans of Guns N Roses.

And then the fans can after 20 years finally to Paradise City...

Guns N 'Roses belong since its inception in 1985 to the greatest bands of all time although they released only four albums to their best time, they sold it more than 100 million. In 1987 she published Appetite For Destruction, the most successful debut ever (more than 35 million albums sold).

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think the majority of that was pulled out of the writers ass.

The big reason for theburying of the hatchet is that Perla is out of the picture. A few years ago she unsuccessfully tried to trademark all GNR logos, which needless to say, stoked the flames of Axl's grudge. I believe she was the main culprit in denying GNR any DVD releases also.

I heard a long time ago on Stern that Slash had a prenup that protected all his GNR money. In any case she'll have zero to do with any decisions about anything to do with GNR in 2016.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

This isn't the first mention of contracts that I've heard, and I'm hardly an insider.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Scott Weiland wrote:

If they could stop talking trash about Axl [Rose, GN'R singer] in the press. It almost happened. The pens were ready to sign. With the 'Greatest Hits', there was a possibility [of a reunion], but there was too much stuff being said. But it was a close call.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Duff and Slash said Scott was full of shit. And a German newspaper is hardly a great inside source. Slash has said they get offers every year,so it doesn't mean much.

Some sort of reunion will happen, IMO, but not any time soon. I remember being berrated as an idiot because I didn't think a reunion was happening anytime soon when Duff played with Axl in London. Really, they both have plans that will most likely take them through 2017, so it's not exactly around the corner.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

What if Myles played rhythm and helped Axl on vocals like don't cry etc? Myles singing harmony only and rhythm could be cool... Stupid thought. Not sure why I posted. Lol

Board footer