You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GnREvolution Chinese Democracy Elimination 2015 - Round 3

Neemo wrote:

With 9 of 24 votes (38%), Scraped was voted off in Round 2, click here for the Scraped Dissecting Chinese Democracy Thread

Round 2 starts now...vote off your LEAST FAVORITE

Voting closes in 3 days

GnREvo Chinese Democracy Elimination 2015

Chinese Democracy 0%
Shackler's Revenge 17%
Better 0%
Street of Dreams 0%
If The World 8%
There Was A Time 0%
Catcher in the Rye 4%
Sorry 13%
I.R.S. 0%
Madagascar 0%
This I Love 38%
Prostitute 0%
Oh My God 21%
Total votes: 24
Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I gotta go with Shacklers again

AtariLegend wrote:

I voted Shackler's. That 2nd verse kills the flow of the album. Would have voted off Catcher in The Rye for the Ron's rape of Brian May and my ears, but I think certain people are confusing both versions tongue and it'd be a wasted vote.

Crazy that "This I Love" is probably going to go, it's like waving a red flag in front of a bull. Except audiences like it, I don't think this is going to be representative of non forum users. Not to say that it's my favorite track, but crazy to say it's one of the worst.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

OMG GTFO

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

OMG is a terrible song. I think people are giving it credence for what it was, a glimpse into hope of a new GnR, which it wasn't. But the excitement remains a memory.  The song is terrible.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

CITR. A  beautiful song turned into noise pollution. Had CD not been a leaks album I don't think it would have been on the album. At least I hope not.

Once a few more turds get flushed this is going to get difficult. I'm glad I took a year's long break from CD. The nails on a chalkboard vibe has lessened.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

omg tho i am split on a few of them. dont hate it but its the others have no votes lol
james, how do you vote off catcher when, even with the overproduction, it is such a well written song.

if you cant polish a turd and come up with a gem
then
you cant overpolish a gem and come up with a turd

lol

AtariLegend wrote:
war wrote:

james, how do you vote off catcher when, even with the overproduction, it is such a well written song.

This is just my opinion. If There Was A Time was re-recorded with nails on a chalk board instead of Bucket's solo, it'd still be a well written song. It's just that it'd be fucking painful, which isn't much different to what Ron did to Catcher.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
war wrote:

This is just my opinion. If There Was A Time was re-recorded with nails on a chalk board instead of Bucket's solo, it'd still be a well written song. It's just that it'd be fucking painful, which isn't much different to what Ron did to Catcher.

i actually think catcher is a better written song than twat.

twat has better guitar peformance on it and that is what everyone always states as the reason for liking the song, along with axl's screams.
take away twats solo and axls screams and what do you really have? a decent song imo. the chorus and versus are nothing speial IMO.

catcher is still recognized as a good song by most even with the shitty solo and overproduction.

add slash or bucket to catcher and keep twat teh same id put them neck to neck, objectively, and still prefer catcher, personally.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

"This I Love," for the third consecutive time. It's cheese. "Oh My God" is the best of this whole lot, save maybe "Better." And "Shackler's Revenge" is a beast and it's getting an awful lot of hate. Too bad. I guess my tastes run very contrary to the majority here.

Board footer