You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

AtariLegend wrote:

Just thought I'd ask the question in poll format so we know exactly how much of the board believes that this will actually happen. It's inevitable one way or the other we'll know soon-ish (well in GN'R terms). Either Axl will say "no" again when asked or it'll be announced.

I'd say Slash/Duff might deny it, but obviously the board(s) would just brush over it and continue speculating a few days later.

Remember the question isn't do you want a reunion, it's do you believe it'll happen?

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40
Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I would say yes it will happen at some point

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Absolutely. It's the only direction to go at this point. If he was 10-15 years younger another reboot might be possible. He's not. It's not.

IMO it's reunion or retirement this late in the game.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Reunion, retire, OR a full-fledged solo effort. Guns is either going forward with former members or it's not, but I wouldn't rule out an Axl solo album.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Yes, eventually.

It will happen when Axl will see it as the continuation of his idea of Guns.

Financial reasons may speed him up.

That, and the realization that he's a lame duck at Universal right now.
Had CD been a massive success, he could've continued to write his ticket.
CD2 is just another TBA for Uni, whereas CD was the hail-mary.

There's a big difference. Axl needs more bargaining chips.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I used to think GnR would end up like Led Zeppelin or CCR & never really reunite.  Still possible imho.  However I do think the only next step is a reunion tour.  Similar to VH & The Police a few years ago, it'll be very big. As for a new album, I'd expect that afterwards, if ever. I don't see it as a the next big rock album tho, that ship has sailed.

So I voted Yes fwiw

AtariLegend wrote:

Will have to bump this thread either when a reunion is announced or in 2 years.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

that ship has sailed.

Which is why its reunion or bust. He  painted himself into a corner. The whole CD saga was simply dragged out too long. You know it, he knows it, the label knows it. While there was certainly nothing wrong with touring in the DJ era, touring with a new lineup with nothing but an album collecting dust in dollar stores was a mistake. They didn't seem to care but now look at the situation. All he has is a 15 year old album that only his hardcore base is really interested in and the rest of the world seems content to simply wait out a reunion.

Its 'cards on the table' time and everyone and their grandma knows all he's got is a wild card up his sleeve and they know what it is.

Like Apex said, he has no bargaining chips left. Yes he has control over whether or not a reunion takes place but that's it. I do realize CD II can still happen but I have difficulty comprehending the road to its release. I do know one thing...its going to be a very low key release if it happens.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Right James. Very low key release for CD 2. I don't even think they will sell it as a follow-up or even a standalone record. Something like a special edition "Guns N Roses - the Chinese Democracy Sessions" with everything on it.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Yeah, gonna happen, it is the only option......

Even Gilby's getting excited ;-)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gilby- … s-reunion/

Board footer