You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

apex-twin wrote:

I seem to recall the Guns contract was renegotiated with Azoff in '08.
Merck mentioned in his Dec '06 letter that this was still to be done.

IIRC, the current contract covers CD, AFDem and two additional studio albums.
Axl may potentially ride out his contract with CD2 and the remix album.

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40
polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

I seem to recall the Guns contract was renegotiated with Azoff in '08.
Merck mentioned in his Dec '06 letter that this was still to be done.

IIRC, the current contract covers CD, AFDem and two additional studio albums.
Axl may potentially ride out his contract with CD2 and the remix album.

He has eluded to major difficulties in this area for years now. I could see him finally giving them a big enough treat in the form of a limited reunion to get out of the contract, or get a contract on his terms.

But with CD2 being about ready already (yeah, yeah) and a remix album he might not have to.

So far I've seen nothing to suggest Axl's long term plans are anything but doing things on his own terms 100%. He and the ex members knows that won't happen in a reunion.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

So if you would expect long-term members to be skeptical and one of the most skeptical over the years isn't skeptical, shouldn't that say something?  I've never said something was going to happen over the years that I can recall.  I didn't even believe cd was coming out until it actually came out, yet I have stated I expect cd2 out early next year even though there's no indication that it's remotely likely.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

What makes you think it will be out?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Buzz is clearly slow playing his intel and has been since the Car Wash thread.  My gut is that he knows something but is being very cautious right now.  Buzz, this is the circle of trust.  You can talk to us...

James, make this thread not able to be viewed by the public.  Let James share his intel, then delete intel, then open thread back up. Clearly there are security risks.  We won't want Dexter to know that we know the plans he may or may not yet have.  Hell, Dexter may be viewing us as a guest right now for advice on how to release the album and do the tour.  wink

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

One thing I learned for sure with the stuff that went on last year is that it's most certainly not the circle of trust.

I can't prove a thing. I have no intention of sharing beyond what I've shared already, which is what I think will happen. Let's see how things play out. I've never played insider.  The more we pick this apart, the more likely it is that something bad happens. Patience. We've waited this long, what's another year or so?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

He has eluded to major difficulties in this area for years now.

Axl was major-league bummed by the way CD was released.
He felt Azoff was sabotaging the album to make way for a reunion.

Yet, I heard Azoff's actual plan was to clear the CD slate (2-3 albums) by RRHOF.
Having said that, they had massive rows in early 2009 over touring.

Axl also berated the US offices of Uni for the lack of promo.
He himself stayed home, as he felt he was being played with.

He fell out with and sued Azoff. They settled and Axl gave him a North American tour.
Of course, Axl was pushed to do it. The tour began in RIR 2011, with Axl out of form.

His relationship with Uni was, at that point, still underneath the fallout of CD.
"We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels..." (Axl, Dec '11)

This may be his latest referral to Uni in public. AFDem came out since, after a long time of haggling.
His relations with the label may have warmed up after the release of a product.

AFDem originally came out in the midst of the 2014 Vegas residency.
At the same time, Axl was setting up to put the live band on stasis.

He was saying how he intended to look into CD2.
Uni's line may now be, 'Call us when you're ready'.

polluxlm wrote:

So far I've seen nothing to suggest Axl's long term plans are anything but doing things on his own terms 100%. He and the ex members knows that won't happen in a reunion.

Which is why, I think, Axl may be pocketing the remaining production costs on CD2.
Uni may reimburse him upon release, but I doubt he's getting an open tab anymore.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

According to MSL the people he had a problem with at the label are now gone and the new group there have been pretty positive about the album.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I'm sorta suprised talk in this thread has shifted from a reunion to CD2...?   I'd say the chances of a reunion happening is farrr higher than a CD2. The band who recorded it would be pissed, the old Guns wouldn't wanna tour under it, and fans would be confused as to whats what?!

I think any future Chinese Democracy's & Ron/Rich/AJ/Tommy work is toast. Outside of as someone else said a box release or special edition version (outtakes, 10 year anniv etc).

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Well, as recent as 2012 Axl turned down a fairly big media event because he wasn't allowed to promote his band. He said: “the endless amount of revisionism and fantasies … are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup.”

Granted things could change, but there's no indication it has on his part.

Board footer