You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think he can release CD2 and still do a reunion tour.

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Well, as recent as 2012 Axl turned down a fairly big media event because he wasn't allowed to promote his band. He said: “the endless amount of revisionism and fantasies … are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup.”

Granted things could change, but there's no indication it has on his part.

Things have changed, as Dylan said. That lineup is finished now. There's no band atm.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Wishful thinking, anyone?

You have to hand it to the press. They can cleave a whole different take from the same set of words.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

You have to hand it to the press. They can cleave a whole different take from the same set of words.

Wow, they cited an article from 2012!!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I'm sorta suprised talk in this thread has shifted from a reunion to CD2...?   I'd say the chances of a reunion happening is farrr higher than a CD2. The band who recorded it would be pissed, the old Guns wouldn't wanna tour under it, and fans would be confused as to whats what?!

I think any future Chinese Democracy's & Ron/Rich/AJ/Tommy work is toast. Outside of as someone else said a box release or special edition version (outtakes, 10 year anniv etc).

I wouldn't be so sure.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

To to those bringing up the "remix" album....

In what world is a release of that even feasible? CD has been rotting in dollar stores for years. Even an obscure, independent label wouldn't be crazy enough to release a remix of an album suffering such a fate yet UMG will?

IMO only way that ever sees the light of day is if its tacked on as a bonus disc to CD II which I don't believe will ever happen because if CD II is released they are not going to connect it to CD.

Does anyone believe that CD II is literally going to be called Chinese Democracy II?

A remix album of CD II makes more sense yet we've heard nothing to indicate such a thing.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Wow, they cited an article from 2012!!!

Whoa let's be clear, the article Apex Twin linked IS from Dec 2011...

Guns N' Roses original lineup may reform, says Axl Rose
By Tom Eames
Wednesday, Dec 21 2011, 21:55 GMT

AtariLegend wrote:

If Slash is at Axl's Halloween party, I might be more convinced.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

There's zero chance anything official comes out from anybody until Axl gets his album out.  That is why the silence is deafening from all parties involved.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I'm leaning in the "no" camp but certainly not taking bets on it. If it happens without Adler I'm going to be sad sad.

Board footer