You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

James wrote:

If Lolla was anywhere but the US I'd place it in the same category as the other festivals in this situation. Like Coachella it simply benefits from being in the US.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Red hot chilli peppers announced as first headliner for Reading/Leeds.. As if you needed another reason to dislike them.
Oh well. Prob saving the biggest until last.. wink

Fuck. They don't even have John frusciante anymore! We have Slash ffs! They just got some random playing guitar.. Embarrassing or what.

Some radio station predicted it'd be them on Twitter a few days ago.

Oh well, two headliners still to be announced, the wait continues 9

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I still very much doubt anything happening in 2016 because of all the legal shit needing to be sorted out. For sure they won't commit to anything before all the details are in place and we've seen no indication it has reached that stage. At best I think we are in a situation where plans are in the pipeline and the various parties have agreed in principle. From there to actual contracts being set up is going to take some time imo.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I still very much doubt anything happening in 2016 because of all the legal shit needing to be sorted out. For sure they won't commit to anything before all the details are in place and we've seen no indication it has reached that stage. At best I think we are in a situation where plans are in the pipeline and the various parties have agreed in principle. From there to actual contracts being set up is going to take some time imo.

You are probably right. The band said no news is good news, so it remains a waiting game.

One thing to note is that the final headliner the 2015 Reading festival was announced on 23 Feb 2015 (the second was announced 6th Feb). Coachella 2015 was announced around 6th January 2015, so that would probably be the first festival to focus upon if GN'R are playing there.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

That was my thoughts as well, although Slash seemingly clearing his schedule for 2016 is an interesting move.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

johndivney wrote:

Red hot chilli peppers announced as first headliner for Reading/Leeds.. As if you needed another reason to dislike them.

Fuck. They don't even have John frusciante anymore! We have Slash ffs! They just got some random playing guitar.. Embarrassing or what.

I think of all people, GN'R fans are the least entitled to complain about a band swapping guitarists...

johndivney wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I think of all people, GN'R fans are the least entitled to complain about a band swapping guitarists...

Um... Yea, no shit. roll

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm With You is a really good album and grew on me. I like it more that By The Way and Stadium Arcadium. The new guitarist just doesn't have the cock and balls in his playing Hillel Slovak or John had.

johndivney wrote:

By the Way had The Zeypher Song on it? Loved that song. I think I listened to half of Staium Arcadium once & that was the end of me & Rhcp.

I saw them live around that time, I think it was By the Way, & they were absolutely the worst live band I'd ever seen outside of a festival (that award is divided between Coldplay/food fighters - 3 examples of pussy rock if ever there was).

Anything I've heard from them since has just been derivative crap. Which is ashamed as Frusciante & Flea & even Chad Smith are all excellent players. But they've settled for a life of crime. & indecent bullshit. They're the American U2, with more talent & an even stupider lyricist.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

That reunion thread over at mygnr is funny. The headlines make it seem like it is definitely happening, but when you click at the articles most of the quotes are less than conclusive.

October 1, 2014: Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion".

May 22, 2015: Duff McKagan says GNR reunion "could happen".

Full quote:

"It could happen. I mean, this thing could happen, and it could not. And I think it would be wonderful, one day, if we reconciled, first and foremost. That alone would be cool."

October 7, 2015: Matt Sorum on the reunion: "I plead the fifth".

Full quote:

"I would have to plead the fifth on that, basically, because I just don't know. So I would say I plead the fifth. [Laughs]"

August 22, 2015: Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

But what does he say about a reunion?

Interviewer "will we once more see GN'R on stage together?"

Slash "that's old shit, next question".

I gotta say I don't see much indication a tour is in the works here. The answer Slash gave was the same he's given for years. Annoyed, doesn't want to answer. Does he come off as a guy who has just worked out reunion details with Axl?

The only think keeping this afloat are the comments from people close to the band. I guess my argument then will be, if members of GN'R doesn't even know what they will be doing next month, if there is going to be an album etc, how does DJ know a reunion is happening next year?

I fear we are looking at plans in the "maybe stage" at best here. And with Axl that is almost worth nothing at all.

Board footer