You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

apex-twin wrote:

I'm seeing maybe touring, maybe new stuff, maybe Duff for 2016.
Maybe touring means maybe guitar player.

Minimum effort can translate as Robin.
He's plausible and a CD co-writer.

It's an '04-'14 hybrid, with Duff and Frank.
Man, had that band coagulated in 2006.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I think the lack of anyone coming out and shutting this rumour down is key. Axl has spent a long time trying to build up a new Slashless band. A few comments and tweets later and it may as well be 1995 again. Fifteen years of (sporadic) hard work undone in a couple of months. If a reunion is not the focus then it's a potentially very damaging mixed message the general public will be getting. It would make sense for someone to shut this snowballing rumour down and yet all we have is silence.

Combine that with the fact that lots of Axl/Slash associates seem to think it's happening and I'm guessing they don't trawl the GnR boards for news.

It all points towards something. As you say it could still be in the maybe stages. I imagine there's a lot of shit to iron out, but it all points at reunion over CD II imo.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Shutting it down is news and that is bad coverage. Then you'd see people saying "Axl ruined it again". Because like it or not, right now a lot of people are already half expecting it to happen.

Once the ball started rolling the best strategy might be to ride it out. That way when something is announced that is not a reunion they can just say "we never said anything about a reunion".

In the meantime they got people talking, and that's good on its own.

I do agree that the complete silence suggests something though. Just not sure if it is a reunion. CD II, some old faces coming back, Axl having a sex change operation. Could be anything.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

The Blitz article is referring to a Portuguese festival in the first half of 2016 (I think) http://blitz.sapo.pt/guns-nroses-tem-pr … 016=f98051

It surely has to be Rock in Rio

Reported mid October, so events took place in the weeks leading up to the article if true, again, the timing is interesting

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I think the lack of anyone coming out and shutting this rumour down is key. Axl has spent a long time trying to build up a new Slashless band. A few comments and tweets later and it may as well be 1995 again. Fifteen years of (sporadic) hard work undone in a couple of months. If a reunion is not the focus then it's a potentially very damaging mixed message the general public will be getting. It would make sense for someone to shut this snowballing rumour down and yet all we have is silence.

Combine that with the fact that lots of Axl/Slash associates seem to think it's happening and I'm guessing they don't trawl the GnR boards for news.

It all points towards something. As you say it could still be in the maybe stages. I imagine there's a lot of shit to iron out, but it all points at reunion over CD II imo.

There is just no way, ever, Axl just gives up on CD II. I just don't see it. I would go even further and say any deal about any kind of reconciliation would include a deal for CD II's release. I would imagine if Slash wants to rejoin the band he would work on the album.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

misterID wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

There is just no way, ever, Axl just gives up on CD II. I just don't see it. I would go even further and say any deal about any kind of reconciliation would include a deal for CD II's release. I would imagine if Slash wants to rejoin the band he would work on the album.

I didn't say he'd given up on it, just the signs point to a reunion over CD II at this moment in time.

If Slash comes in and starts reworking on it then it becomes a whole new beast anyway imo. No chance does he come in just to 'do a Ron' and noodle over some decade old BH parts. If Slash starts playing around with the songs we get a whole new album effectively.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I agree with APE.  Personally, I think there is no CD2 to be released. No time soon at least.  What else, is Duff gonna redo Tommy's parts as well?!

A reunion is possible.
A new album is possible.
Slash & Duff studio recording for pre-written songs is unlikely, imho at least.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Maybe an impending reunion might mean the label want cd2 out asap, who knows

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He's had seven years to unload that and other than telling a thousand nerds about it, he doesn't comment. He could drop it and the general public wouldn't even know he dropped anything. That's how under the radar CD II is. If CD II was announced today, the general public would be "He's doing another album?"  They have no clue.

In a way, this helps and hurts its chances. He can walk away from it with ease yet also might be able to release it without some of the Chinese stigma attached. Sure us hardcores know all about it but if it were to become a reality the general public might give it a chance especially if piggybacked on the reunion hoopla.  Public only cares about headlines. They've been hearing reunion for months so what if they hear about album in early 2016? Do some quick math and buy it. They don't give a fuck that there might be a Finckadelic Stevie Ray Vaughn solo on there. Just buy it because the name is a hot topic at the moment and if there happens to be a good song pushing it, even better.

I have no problem with CD II becoming the Carnival of Souls in their discography.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
misterID wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I didn't say he'd given up on it, just the signs point to a reunion over CD II at this moment in time.

If Slash comes in and starts reworking on it then it becomes a whole new beast anyway imo. No chance does he come in just to 'do a Ron' and noodle over some decade old BH parts. If Slash starts playing around with the songs we get a whole new album effectively.

I have to disagree there. I just don't see them redoing an entire song, let alone an album. From what I understand CD II is the main focus for Axl, anyone wanting to cash in on anything to do with GNR ill have to abide some things. I don't think Slash would have a problem with it, if anything he could see it as helping Axl out, and he might even like what he hears or has already  heard.

Board footer