You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Coachella Festival profile and rumours

sp1at wrote:

It's a little bit late now, but I can now state there is 'an extreme likelihood' that GN'R are at Coachella. If anyone has any information on other bands playing or not playing at Coachella, please pm me so I can help others

For now, I will not shift my focus to other possible dates

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
WARose wrote:

wow, looks like it`s really possible this time!

one thing that seems to have been overlooked in the last few months of speculation, is that the manager of the joint in vegas said in an interview in june 2014, that axl plans to reform the original band after the residency. at that time it came completely out of the blue and noone took it serious, but in hindsight it perfectly fits the picture. axl handing out those chinese democracy platinum discs to the band members could`ve really been the end of the chinese democracy era..

I was gone from the GNR online communities then. Never heard about the reunion then. I remember the mention of supposedly retiring and of course the CD discs.

I've watched vids of that residency and he looks bored and going through the motions. He probably already had reunion on his mind and was just fulfilling his contract at that point. He more than likely had already been communicating with Slash by then. I also have a feeling that Slash riff that Fortus said Axl was toying around with is probably a tad more recent than 1994.

I agree it was the end of the CD era but from the looks of it Christmas 2015 was the date of the official final nail in its coffin. Even if CD II is released at some point, that era is OVER.

sp1at wrote:

but there is still a story to tell. How did it happen, what is the dateline.

Absolutely. I am very interested in finding out how many close calls we had in the 2000-15 period and I don't think this latest hoopla is the first time. I believe what Halfin and Weiland said about 05-06, it probably happened earlier than that at least once, and I'd also like to know what Azoff was cooking up as a side dish to Chinese stew in 2008.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
sp1at wrote:
WARose wrote:

one thing that seems to have been overlooked in the last few months of speculation, is that the manager of the joint in vegas said in an interview in june 2014, that axl plans to reform the original band after the residency. at that time it came completely out of the blue and noone took it serious, but in hindsight it perfectly fits the picture. axl handing out those chinese democracy platinum discs to the band members could`ve really been the end of the chinese democracy era..

That's really interesting. Have you got a link to that interview?

Obviously it looks as though GN'R are reforming, but there is still a story to tell. How did it happen, what is the dateline.

Another aspect to look out for is that big interview. Rolling Stone or Billboard magazine, someone is going to have that exclusive interview which gives us some insight into how it all happened.

Being a Howard Stern fan, I hope he gets the big interview. He'd give them full carte blanche for 2 hours nonstop if they'd like. You can't get that many other places. He's obviously had Slash on in recent years, is a fan of the band, and has opined about interviewing Axl.

Sky Dog wrote:

You know, I like the dirt too but at this point, I am over it. I really don't care what happened. All I know is I got 15 songs for my listening pleasure in the last 24 years. If a reunion can get us another album in whatever state "Guns N' Roses" sees fit, I am down. I do think a reunion with no new music will be kinda boring....especially if Izzy isn't involved. A lot of media hoopla that we get our dick's hard for, then it is just a bunch of old men cashing in on nostalgia.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

You know, I like the dirt too but at this point, I am over it. I really don't care what happened. All I know is I got 15 songs for my listening pleasure in the last 24 years. If a reunion can get us another album in whatever state "Guns N' Roses" sees fit, I am down. I do think a reunion with no new music will be kinda boring....especially if Izzy isn't involved. A lot of media hoopla that we get our dick's hard for, then it is just a bunch of old men cashing in on nostalgia.

Yes, even a 5 song EP of new shit would be killer.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
WARose wrote:

I was gone from the GNR online communities then. Never heard about the reunion then. I remember the mention of supposedly retiring and of course the CD discs.

Another thing is that during the HoF period, Slash said they'd try again in five years, and that Axl wanted to work CD more. Again, his comments were ignored at the time, but I found them interesting. Niven has also made noises about a reunion, plus other things.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Remember to keep your eyes open for new media. There may be video or posters out there to coincide with any announcements

GN'R are running an advert before Star Wars just now http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-r … ie-teaser/

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I've said it again and now that it's imminent I won't change my opinion.

A reunion makes me lose much of the respect I have for Axl. Especially now. It seems the worse (1998~CD RELEASE) has passed so it's even worse on my book to do it now.

Just a bunch of old men cashing in retirement plans.

I get all the excitement around it and I'll probably try to get to one concert, but just for the nostalgia act.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

otto wrote:

I've said it again and now that it's imminent I won't change my opinion.

A reunion makes me lose much of the respect I have for Axl. Especially now. It seems the worse (1998~CD RELEASE) has passed so it's even worse on my book to do it now.

Just a bunch of old men cashing in retirement plans.

I get all the excitement around it and I'll probably try to get to one concert, but just for the nostalgia act.

Depends, if they only tour then yeah it's a cash grab but you could argue most if the CD era was too. At least this would be with the guys who wrote the songs. Whilst not young guys anymore, they're still young enough to put on a good show, it shouldn't look ridiculous.

Their age and time apart means any serious success or impact with new music will be limited but I hold out hope they've still got a good album in them.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

The crowd photo on the Facebook page relates to the cryptic advert being shown at cinemas before Stars Wars begins

It looks like an advertising campaign is fully going into swing

Board footer