You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Coachella Festival profile and rumours

James wrote:

If Coachella is really happening I hope its not the only US date. Not a very good strategy IMO. If there are any long term plans for a reunion, they've got to reestablish themselves as a major act here and the early phase of a reunion is the best time to do it. Axl and a new cast can do great in SA and even Europe to an extent although they've had some issues there in the past.  The main focus should be here but I'm sure most fans who aren't in the US would disagree. 16

If doing more than one festival here or a limited run like skydog mentions, there's a three month gap between Coachella and Lolla, four for Outside Lands.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

As reported on other forums, now Epiphone, the guitar company linked to Slash, are seemingly confident that a reunion is happening, but they will not reveal the 'what is happening' part. http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/N … umors.aspx

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

That's probably an reissue of the Slash signature guitar... Marketing folks riding the wave...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Epiphone wrote:

We've been hearing the rumors for months about a reunion of the original line-up of Guns N' Roses. But even our well-placed Epiphone informants are still keeping details under wraps.  But is there something going on?  Yes... something good is in the works and that much we can tell you.  Meanwhile, Slash and his Conspirators will be ringing in the New Year in Las Vegas at the House of Blues.

Ironic.

Guns were restarted exactly 15 years earlier at the same venue.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Another take on what is happening. This article claims GN'R will play a huge outdoor London venue in 2016, then tour the UK in 2017.

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/feature … -hatchets/?

--> I'll start another thread for this. Keep this one to Coachella

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

All bar one of the Coachella announcements have been made on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Tuesday is the most common day.

So, 4th, 5th, 6th January are possible. The 5th is the Tuesday, although this would be the earliest date ever it has been announced.

Sky Dog wrote:

this could be a bigger prick tease than Chinese Democracy and the infamous 3 albums plan that never materialized....plans do change in the world of the redhead. axl 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

this could be a bigger prick tease than Chinese Democracy and the infamous 3 albums plan that never materialized....plans do change in the world of the redhead. axl 16

It's possible that the reunion hoopla is a repeat of 2005 except we got a minor peak behind the curtain BEFORE and not after.

The reunion could have already been discussed and shot down but we hear nothing about it because of a lack of proper management.

I'm in the minority of fans who believe what Halfin and Weiland said about the reunion in 2005-06 and a similar scenario may have already played itself out.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

LCD Soundsystem are confirmed. So that is part of the process we want to see. http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/12/l … nion-tour/

KeyserSoze at Mygnrforum was the source I read, so credit goes to them

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

The gnr homepage has changed to the original gnr logo.

i presume whatever is going on has just begun.

Board footer