You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Buckethead's Chinese Democracy solos

James wrote:

Minus vocals, bass, and drums.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He was one of a kind. I like the Solos where he fights with the strings more than the shred solos.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Ugh that fuckin Madagascar solo. I remember after hearing it live, I was super excited about hearing it on the album.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I watched this awhile ago. Some beautiful playing from bucket

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Never heard these before. Always loved the Madagascar solo, which you can't really appreciate with the samples being spoken over it.

The TWAT solo takes on new epic-ness if you ask me. It's also way more blues-ish, at least in the beginning, than it seems when the rest of the instrumentation is added.

Thanks for the post.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The TWAT solo takes on new epic-ness if you ask me. It's also way more blues-ish, at least in the beginning, than it seems when the rest of the instrumentation is added.

People thought I was crazy when I said this but I always felt his work on TWAT came across as some sort of tribute or something to Slash, or at least a tribute to old GNR epics in general.

When hearing his contributions in this manner it comes across even more that he was simply brought in to elevate already existing songs.

If CD II ever comes out I pray that his work remains intact. I also wish he had eased his stance on GNR. His negativity regarding the project reached the point where he would even refuse to sign fans copies of Chinese Democracy.

Its too bad Axl couldn't bring him back. Axl said in the chats he blames Merck for a lot of the tension with Bucket.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bucket does play a little dirty in some spots and not as clean as you would expect. I think that was to capture that GNR vibe.

Board footer