You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

James wrote:

Now that we know its a stadium tour I hope this is done right. Technically they probably don't need a huge opener, maybe no opener at all but I hope they use the same strategy as the Stones. Major acts/headliners as the openers, maybe different artists/bands at select shows. Stay a light year away from the Skid Row/Cinderella type has beens and aim for Taylor Swift, Lana Del Ray types. If going the rock route, Pretty Reckless or something like that.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Why not Soundgarden? Adler? (Kind of serious).

My vote is Gary Clark Jr.

James

James wrote:

After Cornell wraps up his solo tour they are working on a new album for fall 2016, so that rules out SG.

Adler's Appetite? 14 That would be cruel. Fans could hear AFD twice in one night though. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Reunited Skid Row lynyrd skynyard for the southern leg

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Tesla, Brother Cane, Black Crowes, rob zombie, def leopard

James

James wrote:

Def Leppard are touring now but I don't know their 2016 plans. Boy that tour would have been huge late 80s/early 90s. I don't want Skid Row although it does make sense considering Baz was their opener for so long plus that 91 tour.  I'm hoping they stay away from those 80s bands.

Black Crowes wouldn't be bad at all. Zombie does have a new album coming out next year.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I think it would be nice if it were the next up and coming big rock band - is there one? Kind of like the Stones handing the torch over on the Steel Wheels tour to GN'R. I guess the thing is, there really isn't a rock band out there (is there?) of that ilk currently...

James

James wrote:

Rock is almost dead here in the US. Only semi new band I know of is Pretty Reckless. There's more obviously but no one at the level GNR when they opened for the Stones. Its one reason why they should use a non rock act for this.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I LOVE THE PRETTY RECKLESS

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I love Taylor Momsen's tits.

Board footer