You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

James wrote:

JUst read on Sludge that Skid Row dumped the new singer they had just signed recently. I doubt the timing is a coincidence.

Screenshot952015-12-29-22-55-38-1.png

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I was thinking Avenged Sevenfold since they are huge GNR fans and they can do stadium gigs. Also Slash has played with them before and M. Shadows has said some nice things about both camps especially with the direction Axl was going in.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

AX7 would be good

Would be shocked nota reunited Skid Row

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I'd be shocked if it was Skid Row too.  One of the guitar players didn't seem too keen about reuniting with Bach and used the "money isn't everything" excuse.

What about Halestorm as an opening act?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Smoking Guns wrote:

AX7 would be good

Would be shocked nota reunited Skid Row

Plus A7X are working on a new album that lines up quite well with GNR's potential plans. So it makes sense. Halestorm works too. I've always wanted to see that band live. Hell..throw in Alice Cooper.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I'd be shocked if it was Skid Row too.  One of the guitar players didn't seem too keen about reuniting with Bach and used the "money isn't everything" excuse.

What about Halestorm as an opening act?

Yeah Skid Row have said some negative shit about Bach. He's wanted a reunion for years though.

IF its happening, this is probably one of those "make em an offer they cant refuse" situations. For Skid Row nothing can get better or bigger than the opening slot on GNR's reunion tour.

I hope its not happening but the timing says otherwise.

I don't know anything about Halestorm but I'll take it over Skid Row as the opener.

johndivney wrote:

They need to bring Tommy and/or BH in some of the undercard slots, obv not sharing tho, those two.. Get them back onstage w/guns for a song or two.. They all know Appetite stuff anyway..
Will never happen tho.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Bet Alter Bridge get a slot somewhere.

johndivney wrote:

That'd be alright by me. I never show up for the opening acts anyway..

AtariLegend wrote:

Tommy/Bucket playing together if the tone of the comments was right back then, was less likely than Axl/Slash.

The singer that left Skid Row, claimed he quit. Didn't Bach leave Skid Row after an argument where he booked them to open for Kiss and the other members felt they were above it?

Board footer