You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: So... new music

julita wrote:
Furbush wrote:

Did I just read a rumor that they're rehearsing in Seattle, and Uncle Axl sang Fall To Pieces?

If they did that song live, as a tribute to Scott, my fucking heart would melt. Maybe this "hybrid lineup" is gonna bang out some VR/CD stuff?

This I Love with Slash for the fucking win.

As much as I love TIL (and I have good reasons to, finck ) I would like this lineup to play lots  of old GNR songs... That's what I expect from them.  I want to hear Slash play songs he worked on because I didn't have the opportunity to see the band in the good old days. Most of Appetite as well as some of UYI. I want to hear Estranged and Dead Horse and Locomotive (one of my favorites)... Get In The Ring! Bad Obsession! Dust n' Bones! There are so many of them. They really should do 4 hour shows, 16

Dead Horse would be killer. Also I think finck solo on TIL is some of the album's best work.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

If there were a new album, I'd suggest one of the following:  Subterranean Sub Zero, or In My Ass (think 2002)

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

TIL has the worst lyrics Axl has ever sung.

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

As much as I love TIL

I don't think there'll ever be a more polarizing GNR track. I'm in the group that likes Finck but hates that solo.

The feedback from non hardcores was overwhelming positive on any video of it with a few million hits.

It's absolutely one of my favorites. I'd like to hear Slash play it, considering the tracks origins. Finck never got to play it live, but logic dictates Slash would sound fantastic on it compared to Ashba.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

As much as I love TIL

I don't think there'll ever be a more polarizing GNR track. I'm in the group that likes Finck but hates that solo.

The feedback from non hardcores was overwhelming positive on any video of it with a few million hits.

It's absolutely one of my favorites. I'd like to hear Slash play it, considering the tracks origins. Finck never got to play it live, but logic dictates Slash would sound fantastic on it compared to Ashba.

I agree Slash would sound killer.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

TIL solo is made for Slash. Hopefully we'll get to hear him on several CD songs. Curious how he'd approach TWAT especially.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Shotgun Blues and Get in the Ring take the cake. Good songs musically and he took a complete shit on them with awful lyrics directed at people he didn't like in the music industry.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Shotgun Blues and Get in the Ring take the cake. Good songs musically and he took a complete shit on them with awful lyrics directed at people he didn't like in the music industry.

Absolutely. Those two songs make you cringe. TIL is only cheesy in a Barry Manilow way.

Yeah...for the song itself. How many of those people raved on the solo? 18

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You're fucking crazy. Fall To Pieces is a Danger Danger-reject song compared to This I Love. Fall To Pieces sonically is ace. Weiland cheapened it.

Axl is the only guy that could do it right.

This I Love was always better with JUST the orchestra and not that suckass solo from Robin. BUT if ANYONE could get that solo right and make This I Love a proper guitar-driven song, it's Slash.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You're fucking crazy. Fall To Pieces is a Danger Danger-reject song compared to This I Love. Fall To Pieces sonically is ace. Weiland cheapened it.

Axl is the only guy that could do it right.

This I Love was always better with JUST the orchestra and not that suckass solo from Robin. BUT if ANYONE could get that solo right and make This I Love a proper guitar-driven song, it's Slash.

How about placing the FTP solo on TIL?  13

You're right...the fan mixes of TIL were better. I'd love to hear any alternate solos Axl considered for TIL, especially any from Bucket. Axl going to Finck specifically for this track makes little sense to me. Did Axl not listen to Electric Tears back then?

Board footer