You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N' Roses-Velvet Revolver hybrid?

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I kinda hope at some point they go to The Troubadour and do a Blu-ray featuring just the original 5 guys playing Appetite and Lies all the way through along with KOHD, Don't Cry, and perhaps some Stones/ACDC stuff.

Yeah, I was hoping they could do one of their old club gigs for the original 5, but I think money would be a big thing for Adler.

Slash has helped take care of Adler for over 20 years trust me, they want him to make some good money so he can be set for a while too. These are not selfish guys. They will make sure Adler and Izzy get theirs.

Bull-shit!!

Izzy only goes on if he gets paid, and out of Steven's own mouth when he approached Axl about a reunion was all the money that was being offered. No one is going to do anything out of the kindness of their heart.  You think he doesn't know about the eight million??

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Why the 26 year old quote?

Because an Axl never forgets...

Not to mention nearly killing Erin, who they found naked and unconscious in his house.

Water under bridge.

Or should Adler be pissed because Axl fucked Adler's girlfriend?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

That quote is from 1990? Damn. So Axl had already made about $8.5m on Appetite royalties. Scary to think how much that number went up over the next 25 years. No wonder Izzy fucking quit in 1991, lol.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

That quote is from 1990? Damn. So Axl had already made about $8.5m on Appetite royalties. Scary to think how much that number went up over the next 25 years. No wonder Izzy fucking quit in 1991, lol.

Quote was probably 91 or 92 but yeah wild.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Axl wrote:

In the long run I paid very extensively for keeping Steven in Guns N' Roses. I paid $1.5 million by giving him 15% of my publishing off of Appetite For Destruction. He didn't write one goddamn note, but he calls me a selfish dick! He's been able to live off of that money, buy a shitload of drugs and hire lawyers to sue me. If and when he loses the lawsuit he has against us, and he has to pay those lawyers, if he has any money left, it'll be the money that came from Guns N' Roses and myself.

You're implying that Adler would have been fucked without Slash.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Because an Axl never forgets...

Not to mention nearly killing Erin, who they found naked and unconscious in his house.

Water under bridge.

Or should Adler be pissed because Axl fucked Adler's girlfriend?

That's a bit different don't you think? Especially the reason she fucked Axl was because Steven was fucking everyone, right? To quote Jules Winfield, it ain't even the same mother fucking sport.

Thing is, Axl does not trust Steven, does not want to deal with him, but of course, other than that, I'm sure its all fine.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Quote was probably 91 or 92 but yeah wild.

Yeah crazy shit. Figure it probably doubled or more from there. RIAA said it was 9x platinum in early 1993. It's over 18x now. Reunion will push it past 20x. And of course another 20+ million overseas.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

If Adler is still receiving that 15% from Axl, he's had some balls talking the shit he has done.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You're implying that Adler would have been fucked without Slash.

Yes Axl gave him money a LONG time ago, but Slash has been there for Adler too. He would go see him and rehab and keep him on track and produce his album and guest on a track and just be there for him. If you ever hear Adler talk of Slash he says "he was there for me when nobody else was and I love that guy, he was the first guy to come see me in rehab" or something like that. I think Slash looks at Steven as a lil bro. And Slash is the one that brought Steven in the mix long ago and Duff became VERY good friends with him. These guys were childhood friends. Don't forget that. I think Axl still has a sweet spot for Adler too. I am being serious. Yes he is a headache. And yes he could not last in GNR in 1990. But that doesn't erase the good times.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If Adler is still receiving that 15% from Axl he's had some balls talking the shit he has done.

No I don't think so. I think that was a lump sum payment. Axl got 47% of profits based off his "formula".

Board footer