You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Guns N' Roses-Velvet Revolver hybrid?

James wrote:

Guns N’ Roses Reunion Rumored To Feature 8 Members

Mitch Lafon is reporting that the Guns N’ Roses reunion lineup will feature Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Dave Kushner, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Dizzy Reed, and Chris Pitman. Kushner, Velvet Revolver’s rhythm guitarist, is a new name that hadn’t previously been linked to any Guns N’ Roses 2016 rumors. Kushner teased the possibility of joining the band a few days ago, but most of his tweets seemed fairly light hearted.

Chris Pitman has seemingly confirmed his involvement by updating his Twitter to say ‘Member of Guns N’ Roses, 1998 to present.’ Lafon broke the news of GNR’s reunion being announced on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

@mitchlafon
Chris Pittman, Richard Fortus, Dave Kushner, Slash, Axl Rose, Duff McKagan, Dizzy Reed, Frank Ferrer.
11:19 AM - 2 Jan 2016

@davekushner66
maybe ALL of them! @gunsnroses #GunsNRosesReunion 
3:59 PM - 29 Dec 2015

@davekushner66
...or maybe none! One can only hope ??????
4:35 PM - 29 Dec 2015

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n … 8-members/

James

James wrote:

This is getting bat shit crazy. I'd chalk it up to a forum fanboy wet dream if Lafon wasn't mentioning it. Then take into consideration Kushner mentioning GNR in his tweets but those could go either way.

If this happens I'm assuming they've decided to keep the 3 guitarist thing going and decided to bring in someone they've already played with.

Just unreal.

One other thing.....

If Dizzy AND Pitman are involved then we're getting SOMETHING CD related whether its new music and/or CD songs in the set.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Oh man that must burn Matt's ass real good if true.

James

James wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

14 No doubt. He doesn't get to be in but KUSHNER does?! 18

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If Dizzy AND Pitman are involved then we're getting SOMETHING CD related whether its new music and/or CD songs in the set.

DtM51

DtM51 wrote:

I am new here and messed the quote up. Anyways, i once read about a "master plan" that was put together in 2012 about a reunion. If that's true that would mean they have had around 3 years to have slash, duff and others record parts of CD and write new material. With all the buzz i think it could happen.

Nik

Nik wrote:

That's awful. Don't want Kushner in.

James

James wrote:
DtM51 wrote:

I am new here and messed the quote up. Anyways, i once read about a "master plan" that was put together in 2012 about a reunion. If that's true that would mean they have had around 3 years to have slash, duff and others record parts of CD and write new material. With all the buzz i think it could happen.

Welcome. 5 9

Not sure about three years, but I also believe this has been in the works for a LOT longer than recent developments suggest. Also take into consideration that many fans(including me) felt that he was phoning it in on that last Vegas residency. Probably because the wheels were already in motion and he just wanted it over with.

The rumors of them being in the studio last year are looking a bit more solid now.

Don't want Kushner in.

Me either but if it gets us to the promised land I'll go ahead and support Roseanne Barr coming into the lineup if necessary.

edit: I don't blame him at all for losing interest in that 09-14 lineup. Just awful on several levels. I don't even want to imagine the music that Ron and Ashba sent him for consideration. 18

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Strengthens the theory Axl is looking at this like a shuffling of members. The three guitar thing definitely suggests an intention to play CD material. If this is legit I see Kushner doing the rythm, Fortus the junior solos and Slash the main ones.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

14 No doubt. He doesn't get to be in but KUSHNER does?! 18

Kushner never talked shit about Axl. As far as I'm concerned the only people that get to bash him are the original members and the fans who have been loyal through all of his bullshit. Matt was damn lucky to be included and the other 4 guys punched his ticket to the Hall of Fame by writing AFD/UYI before he ever showed up.

Board footer