You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Who here is going to Coachella?

slcpunk wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

I find it unlikely they will solely be doing stadiums to be honest, but sound quality is not why I'd skip a festival anyway.

I think it would be badass if they went to The Troubadour in 2017 for the 30th anniversary of Appetite and did a Blu-ray recording. Izzy and Steven still live in Los Angeles, so it would be an easy gig for them in a much smaller club setting (especially Izzy who hates touring). Play Appetite all the way through, GN'R Lies all the way through, and any later songs that were played in the old days (Heaven's Door, Don't Cry, Back Off Bitch, etc.).

If this can happen, then that could totally be possible IMO. Or something damn close to it.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I was hoping for a better line up overall. Really not digging it. Maybe 3 or 4 acts minus GNR I would put effort into seeing. I was pretty certain on going but I want more details first now. If this is the only opportunity to see the original 5 even if only for a song or two I will go. If it's not full on reunion and the act will be hitting the road I may just wait for an actual concert.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

I know very little of the other bands, but I am an old man of 35 years.

I'm hoping they at least hit up Vegas where I would most certainly be able to swing it.

Indio is only 4 hrs drive, but I can't imagine coachella being my type of crowd.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I might. Got enough air miles to get me out there, and a mate who may be able to score tickets. So it's a possibility!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

As a rock fan, Coachella doesn't look appealing at all. I think I'll wait for their own tour to be announced, hopefully with some Australian dates in there

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Anybody think they might do a couple of small warm up shows. Like Hammerstein in 06? Now that would be gold dust.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm on board for several stadium shows, but short of a festival focused on a bunch of bands I like (unlikely) I can't see sitting through any festival. Large crowds aren't my thing as I'm a bit of an introvert.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Wayyy to far away for me....plus I don't have a passport

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

As a rock fan, Coachella doesn't look appealing at all. I think I'll wait for their own tour to be announced, hopefully with some Australian dates in there

Im guessing if they get down here there would probably only be Sydney and Melbourne dates which I would definitely fly over for!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Aussie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Im guessing if they get down here there would probably only be Sydney and Melbourne dates which I would definitely fly over for!

Yeah, and we'd have to do another pre-gig meet up!

Board footer