You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Who here is going to Coachella?

Smoking Guns wrote:

Need to know if more dates are coming and what the lineup is.  If this is the only AFD dates, I must go.

So who will make the trek?

Right now I am 50/50.  My girlfriend will want to go and me pay for her.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

50/50

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Right now there is a 0% chance of me going. I've been to a festival before and I'm not fond of the whole scene. Like you said, more dates are coming and that is factoring in to my decision. Having said that, if its the AFD lineup and its a one time only thing(doubtful) I might reconsider.

The ticket prices are outrageous and they'll only go up now. Then factor in hotel, travel,etc. and its not worth it when there's a very good chance they'll play in a stadium only 70 miles from where I'm at.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Right now there is a 0% chance of me going. I've been to a festival before and I'm not fond of the whole scene. Like you said, more dates are coming and that is factoring in to my decision. Having said that, if its the AFD lineup and its a one time only thing(doubtful) I might reconsider.

The ticket prices are outrageous and they'll only go up now. Then factor in hotel, travel,etc. and its not worth it when there's a very good chance they'll play in a stadium only 70 miles from where I'm at.

There is also about a 60-70% (or higher) chance Axl sounds bad on the first gig. I look at people paying outrageous money to watch a reunion and can't help but think, "Wow, to think people paid less than $10 to watch these guys in their heyday during the club gigs of the mid 80's." THAT was the real GN'R and it is fucking dead. An amazing memory and awesome to look back on, but it doesn't exist anymore.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

For me personally, I am not interested in seeing any band in that setting. Even GnR. If they are getting together for this, odds are they'll do more venues, and I'll drop mad cash on premium seats.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

For me personally, I am not interested in seeing any band in that setting. Even GnR. If they are getting together for this, odds are they'll do more venues, and I'll drop mad cash on premium seats.

If it's a stadium tour, won't the sound quality be questionable at all the gigs? I haven't been to a concert in a stadium setting, but I have always heard the smaller indoor venues are much better for acoustics.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I need more dates soon.  If not I will fear an implosion and feel like this may be my only chance to see Slash and Axl on the same stage.  Right now I feel like a hostage to the lack of announcements.  What if this is the only AFD show, I will be crushed. 

Festivals suck.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

If it's a stadium tour, won't the sound quality be questionable at all the gigs? I haven't been to a concert in a stadium setting, but I have always heard the smaller indoor venues are much better for acoustics.

I'd imagine so.

I find it unlikely they will solely be doing stadiums to be honest, but sound quality is not why I'd skip a festival anyway.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I need more dates soon.  If not I will fear an implosion and feel like this may be my only chance to see Slash and Axl on the same stage.  Right now I feel like a hostage to the lack of announcements.  What if this is the only AFD show, I will be crushed. 

Festivals suck.

These guys are older, and are more chill. There is a lot of money on the table and these guys want to fill the coffers as they move towards senior citizen status. This won't be a one off.

Relax bro.

9vcx6w.jpg

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

I find it unlikely they will solely be doing stadiums to be honest, but sound quality is not why I'd skip a festival anyway.

I think it would be badass if they went to The Troubadour in 2017 for the 30th anniversary of Appetite and did a Blu-ray recording. Izzy and Steven still live in Los Angeles, so it would be an easy gig for them in a much smaller club setting (especially Izzy who hates touring). Play Appetite all the way through, GN'R Lies all the way through, and any later songs that were played in the old days (Heaven's Door, Don't Cry, Back Off Bitch, etc.).

Board footer