You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

monkeychow wrote:

You have to keep in mind the Black Ice tour was the holy grail for most Ac/Dc fans.

The band returned after something like an 8-10 year absence.

They had reformed the original line up (other than bon being dead - but many fans grew up with brian anyway as the international fame came with him).

Then they released a new album that kicked ass and did a full on world tour of sell out stadiums.

It would be like if GNR reunited the AFD line up, dropped an awesome album and did a 3 year global sell out tour.

Many considered it the final retirement run, and the atmosphere was of a crowning achievement.

Then 5 years later they came back. But Malcom was gone - and the drummer is in jail. So many hardcores were a bit skeptical - in GNR terms this is like 5 years after the reunion / new-afd album and kickass tour to decide to reunite suddenly - but this time with no Izzy and no Steven. People were skeptical....but then midway through the tour......Brian is out....so that's like being through a new UYI era and suddenly Axl is forced to retire....and it's just Slash/Duff looking for guest singers.

That's where we're at in Ac/Dc land.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'd prefer Axl decide against it and just be flattered by the offer. Not up to me though obviously. tongue

IMO Axl might be looking back on his career, sees the years where he could have done so much cool shit...solo projects....super groups...something like this thing...etc. and is now wanting to make up for some lost time.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think it is silly honestly. The whole world is watching you and you want to join a new band for 10 shows taking away from your money train. Axl singing Thunderstruck?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its not taking away anything...it adds something. That's the point. Not great timing I'l agree but like I said, I think he realizes the void and wants to start filling it while he can. Guy spent so much time playing the sooper sekrit Scooby Doo mystery act and maybe now realizes he should have spent that time kicking the world's ass on all sorts of things instead of having managers play email tag with madison, cease and desist music the world wanted to hear, list goes on.....

I wish this was 2006 and all this was happening.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl wants to be out on stage singing. That's a great sign. We all know what happens when he doesn't want to, or is forced to, or is out there for any other reason than him wanting to. In 06 the dude was singing at hot Puerto Rican actresses birthday party. It's a good sign, IMO.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl wants to be out on stage singing. That's a great sign. We all know what happens when he doesn't want to, or is forced to, or is out there for any other reason than him wanting to. In 06 the dude was singing at hot Puerto Rican actresses birthday parties. It's a good sign, IMO.

Agree with that point but timing wise I wish it was all about GNR.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl wants to be out on stage singing. That's a great sign. We all know what happens when he doesn't want to, or is forced to, or is out there for any other reason than him wanting to. In 06 the dude was singing at hot Puerto Rican actresses birthday parties. It's a good sign, IMO.

Agree with that point but timing wise I wish it was all about GNR.

Check out the pictures I posted in the twits n tweets thread:
http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=7620&p=221

The second should make you feel good.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Any secret show prior to Vegas is a slap in the face to all the Vegas purchasers. Just stating that now before they announce it. Vegas was a slap in the face for Coachella folks, but this late in the game this would be 1,000x's worse.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

There are rumblings about a Troubador show this weekend...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
otto wrote:

There are rumblings about a Troubador show this weekend...

People saying April 1 and will not be under GNR banner.

Board footer