You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Nightrain Official Site

AtariLegend wrote:

I was joking.

It was a great concert, you were very lucky.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I thought the Vegas shows were better...especially night 2.  Some of that could be revisionist history and recency bias though.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Night 2 was better because we saw it together, buzz big_smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I watched that too. From the 2nd row.  I'm sure I'm in the video somewhere, I've just never watched it.

I have not been to many shows the past ten years but I  hate this aspect of the cell phone era. Best example is the first show I went to where everyone but me was filming the damn thing.....Treasure Island 2007. It was a mini hipster fest and I stood out like a sore thumb. I took my cousin to this show since GNR canceled what was going to be her first concert a year earlier.

I looked all around me and everyone had a bunch of camcorders and taking pics as well. I got really self conscious. Before the show, I thought of attempting to 'crash' the stage during the song Boyz when she lets a bunch of girls go up onstage. Once it actually happened though, no chance in hell. Had it been the 90s and no one is recording anything, I would have chanced it.

I absolutely have to be on peoples footage of this show since i was fairly close and smack dab in the middle. Just a couple videos of MIA's set ever got posted to youtube and I am not in them surprisingly. Now that I'm older and look back on the event I would actually like to see some more footage of it for a laugh. I was in total biker mode back then and would like to see how awkward I look amongst that crowd.

I once watched a VR show from the 2nd row myself. I got to see a grinning Matt Sorum up close

Bri envies you.....

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Haha!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If they are adding dates... this tour is a major success. I never ever thought i'd see the day after the trainwreck that that Mark XI lineup of GN'R + Slash could sell out stadiums and/or play multiple 2-3 dates in each city. Wow.

It just goes to show how many real GN'R fans were always out there, starved to see the real Guns N' Roses (Axl + Slash... let's be honest) do a tour in the modern day.

I hope they enjoy as much of 2016 as they can. And at least drop a new single or more in a possibly GH set. Let 2016 be as big as it can be.

Even with lots of love, and positive reviews, I highly doubt GN'R tour North America again after 2016 and sell out stadiums.

The rest of the world?

They're locked in for life.

AtariLegend wrote:

A second show at Dodgers Stadium got announced for the 19th.

AtariLegend wrote:

Since no one posted the video here, I think. This pretty much confirms that there'll be a European Tour.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

For the first time in his adult life, Axl appears to be content.

Amazing.

AtariLegend wrote:

Considering these are the dates with AC/DC;

8/27/16     Greensboro, NC    Greensboro Coliseum
8/30/16     Ft. Lauderdale, FL    BB&T Center
9/1/16    Atlanta, GA    Phillips Arena
9/4/16    Columbus, OH     Nationwide Arena
9/6/16    Cleveland, OH    Quicken Loans Arena
9/9/16      Detroit, MI       The Palace
9/11/16    Buffalo, NY    First Niagara Center
9/14/16     New York, NY    Madison Square Garden
9/17/16     Washington, DC      Verizon Center
9/20/16    Philadelphia, PA          Wells Fargo Center

I'd assume if they wanted to do a stadium tour in Europe it wouldn't be until next year. Football season, most of the obvious stadiums would be used up.

Unless they're slightly less ambitious in Europe.

Board footer