You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

polluxlm wrote:

No chance Dizzy turned down anything. He's been hanging around Axl for 25 years because it is a steady job. One he probably enjoys doing. Half their catalog requires a piano/synth player. There is not going to be any hardcore AFD 5 thing on this. Band grew past that decades ago.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I curious to see what the lineup will be as well...I can see a 7 peice band tho

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Dizzy was "around" the band since the beginning of it all. The rehersal space they rented was right next door to Dizzy's band. Dizzy's band crashed and burned and it was an easy transition. That is how he got in GNR. They rented a storage unite right next to Guns.

This

But regardless, just to Epilogue this entire thread, the band has decided -- AFD 5 and pretty much every guy that was on the "Hell tour" (where they all bonded, ALL of them have said they were brothers during that tour)... AFD 5 is what they consider -- "Guns N' Roses". Steven was fired (for obvious reasons), and Izzy decided to leave and doesn't want back in full-time ala Mick Taylor with the Stones. Fair enough. Which leaves Axl, Slash & Duff.

I just was surprised, that's all. I still think Dizzy turned it down. I think Axl would've been absolutely willing to say, "Slash & Duff, you're in in this equal partnership, but Dizzy comes with the package deal"

Slash & Duff are fucking cool dudes. They would've been a-okay with that, and I don't think Axl would've slighted Dizzy. I think Dizzy turned it down and Izzy too, and that's that.

Dizzy's family also let it slip he was in before management declared a media blackout that Pittman joked about. Dizzy is in. He didn't turn anything down.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yep...Dizzy's wife posted on twitter something about their daughter getting to see him at Coachella. Flew under the radar it seems but it was the first real concrete sign we were getting something other than just something AFD related. Frank's comments were the first sign that the hybrid thing was real as well.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yep...Dizzy's wife posted on twitter something about their daughter getting to see him at Coachella. Flew under the radar it seems but it was the first real concrete sign we were getting something other than just something AFD related. Frank's comments were the first sign that the hybrid thing was real as well.

Dizzy would be there even it was an AFD 5 show... Dizzy is accepted as Classic Guns... So no issue either way.  He can go nu Guns or Classic Guns.. No big deal.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Dizzy was "around" the band since the beginning of it all. The rehersal space they rented was right next door to Dizzy's band. Dizzy's band crashed and burned and it was an easy transition. That is how he got in GNR. They rented a storage unite right next to Guns.

This

But regardless, just to Epilogue this entire thread, the band has decided -- AFD 5 and pretty much every guy that was on the "Hell tour" (where they all bonded, ALL of them have said they were brothers during that tour)... AFD 5 is what they consider -- "Guns N' Roses". Steven was fired (for obvious reasons), and Izzy decided to leave and doesn't want back in full-time ala Mick Taylor with the Stones. Fair enough. Which leaves Axl, Slash & Duff.

I just was surprised, that's all. I still think Dizzy turned it down. I think Axl would've been absolutely willing to say, "Slash & Duff, you're in in this equal partnership, but Dizzy comes with the package deal"

Slash & Duff are fucking cool dudes. They would've been a-okay with that, and I don't think Axl would've slighted Dizzy. I think Dizzy turned it down and Izzy too, and that's that.

Dizzy's family also let it slip he was in before management declared a media blackout that Pittman joked about. Dizzy is in. He didn't turn anything down.

Again... you guys are TOTALLY missing my posts.

This isn't about being IN with Axl's touring band with Slash & Duff.

I am referring, through this ENTIRE THREAD STRICTLY -- about the BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP.

Nothing more. I'm talking Legal Bullshit.

Dizzy is obviously in the fucking band. Jeez. roll

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

yeah...  and it is as obvious, that he has absolutely nothing to do with the business side of gnr. never had, never will.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed, and it seems to be the only logical explanation as to why he's there, and not an equal member of the band in this new "re-grouping" as they call it. Same with Izzy. Izzy doesn't want to be involved.

But I don't feel that because Dizzy made (in theory) that decision, that it warrants people acting like it "confirms he was ALWAYS a touring piano player. He's not GN'R "

Come the fuck on. That shit was why I started this debate to begin with. It's unfair, I don't buy it, he's got 2nd seniority with GN'R and has never left nor never been disloyal, he's written songs with Axl.

Dizzy is original GN'R, regardless of business arrangement. I just don't understand why he's been dropped from the brand recognition, being he's IN THE HALL OF FAME with the other three and has 25 years of service. That part stumps me. hmm

End point

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

I am referring, through this ENTIRE THREAD STRICTLY -- about the BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP.

Nothing more. I'm talking Legal Bullshit.

Axlin16 wrote:

But I don't feel that because Dizzy made (in theory) that decision,

Wait....sorry to be slow to catch on to this thread....you're saying that if Dizzy is not a member of the business partnership (despite being in the band as a contractor) that it was his own choice not to be?

Axlin16 wrote:

Dizzy is original GN'R, regardless of business arrangement. I just don't understand why he's been dropped from the brand recognition, being he's IN THE HALL OF FAME with the other three and has 25 years of service. That part stumps me. hmm

I like Dizzy, so I hope no one takes this as disrespect, but I can tell you why.

It's because no one wanted him in the band except Axl.

Slash, Duff and Izzy wanted GNR to be a straight up rock guitar band.

Axl's vision seemed to always be a little broader - initially to make the band do  more stadium epic type stuff (November Rain) and eventually into industrial territory (Oh My God).

Bottom line though is that Slash never seemed to like the ballads and the piano type tracks - even the ones he made epic like Estranged and NR - they've always been a compromise - Slash just wants to play AFD type rockers. He even complains in his book about Axl adding synth to PC and other songs.

So the reality is - most of the band didn't really want too much in the way of piano at all - and if some piano can come in handy in a classic rock way - then - well Axl already plays piano.....so why the fuck do they want to add a keys player to the band and pollute it.

I don't even think it's that they dislike Dizzy as a person - they just straight up saw him as unnecessary.

Dizzy's presence was probably STEP ONE in the Axl appeasement strategy that ended up with everyone from AFD leaving the band....it was easier to go with the flow and have dizzy around than to piss off Axl and risk the band breaking up over some extra keys in the background.

That he stayed around in the CD era when the rest of the band bailed, just reinforces that image, he wasn't AFD, to some he's part of the problem of what GNR became not anything to do with the solution, and he's clearly going to do whatever he thinks will keep his role in GNR cos he was lucky to get it - hence he will snub the hall of fame because Axl did and so on. 

That said I personally like Dizzy as I have a fondness for the UYI era...and I do like his contributions because i'm open to GNR being more than a straight up "only guitars" band musically. So I don't mean to be bashing Dizzy - he seems to be a cool guy and he only did what anyone did - but if you're asking why the public struggles with him - it's because GNR was a guitar band and he's the second keyboardist (of 3 we ended up with!) and he's clearly brought in cos no one has the balls to tell Axl he can't be wink

Now maybe if Dizzy was the guy who played the NR keys during the UYI tour people would remember him more fondly....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Like Axlin said, this is about the Trinity and nothing more, at the moment. I think the Trinity is also all we can count on so far in regards who will perform. Drummer could be one of three guys or maybe all three. Izzy could or could not show up....  Pitman may or may not be involved. Only one thing certain... Duff, Slash, and Axl will be there.

Board footer