You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Def Leppard Cruise (from hell)

faldor wrote:

Weird stuff. Joe Elliott's voice is shot so he can't sing. The bassist of another band dies onboard. Talk about a rough time on the seas.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/27/jimmy-bai … rd-cruise/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Damn. Another rock death. I liked those old Dio albums. Haven't heard them in years.

I wish I had went to a Leppard show back in their prime. They came to this area not too long ago but passed it up. As I've mentioned before, I have hearing damage and am very selective regarding which shows I go to.

That TMZ site makes me realize how out of touch I am with the current pop culture. Way too many names there I am unfamiliar with.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I've seen Def Leppard probably 10 times or so over the last decade. They put on a fun show. The setlist has basically remained the same, save for a few songs so it's basically the same 90 minute show every time. But it's a good time. Joe needs help from the crowd on "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" these days. In fact, looking at their last few set lists it appears they've dropped that song altogether. They're playing a day before my birthday here in CT in a few weeks and I was going to go. But I think I might be saving some money for a GNR show or 2.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Hysteria rehash? 16

Good idea on saving for GNR. I have my eye on one reunion show and I'm assuming it'll be at Levi Stadium which wont be cheap. Hell parking itself there is like 60 or 70 bucks.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah, it's basically Hysteria mixed in with their other hits, their cover of "Rock On", and whatever new song or two they're pushing at the moment. Hysteria was one of the first tapes I owned as a kid, so that's why I keep going back for more I guess. They always have well known openers too. Tesla and Styx are opening for them again this time around. Their shows are usually pretty affordable too. This time though, they're tough to get. Not sure if scalpels are buying up all those tickets too, but they can be had at a premium price.

Board footer