You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Something to her right in the audience just off camera catches her eye which appears to startle her. Within a second the ss guys are on it and dealing with the situation. If she was simply 'having a moment' they wouldn't be on it so quick, they're reacting to something that they can all see, including the rest of the audience. They all look to their left to watch whatever is going on before focusing back on Hilary.

TheMole

TheMole wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

Where do you come up with this? All I see in both videos is the SS surrounding the candidates for some reason that can't be seen on camera. Trump reacts with fear  while Hillary stands there composed the whole time. Hillary is also told she is okay and to keep talking.

Trump was attacked by an audience member. The SS stepped in to protect him. Several videos of this.

No such thing happened with Hillary. Nobody tried to attack her. She just looks like something triggered her. That guy close to her is not an SS agent going by his clothes and physique. Likely he's the handler when she loses it in public like this. He's been seen carrying what looks like a diazepam injector. The guys on stage are reacting to no threat, when "the doctor" has gotten Hillary back to composure they leave the stage promptly.

The woman looks ill.

I don't want to come of as rude, but seriously dude, that's some genuinely crazy shit you're spouting here. I mean, what the fuck? She's clearly reacting to something that happens in the audience. The simplest explanations are, as James and others have pointed out, protesters in the audience or someone gesturing at her. Yet somehow you find something in that video that supports your hypothesis that she's mentally ill? Talk about looking for confirmation of your biases. Me thinks you need to start spending a bit less time on 4chan and the likes.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
TheMole wrote:

I don't want to come of as rude, but seriously dude, that's some genuinely crazy shit you're spouting here. I mean, what the fuck? She's clearly reacting to something that happens in the audience. The simplest explanations are, as James and others have pointed out, protesters in the audience or someone gesturing at her. Yet somehow you find something in that video that supports your hypothesis that she's mentally ill? Talk about looking for confirmation of your biases. Me thinks you need to start spending a bit less time on 4chan and the likes.

It appears the bar for crazy has been lowered significantly since last time I checked.

She is clearly reacting to something yes, but I don't see any threats. I see a woman that looks almost hypnotized, I see what appears to be a medical professional coaching her back to reality.

But if you see nothing odd about her behavior here, there is nothing I can do for you. I assume you think "nothing's going on" here as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMHOcmDVBP0

I say again, if Trump did either of these you'd hear about nothing else.

TheMole

TheMole wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

She is clearly reacting to something yes, but I don't see any threats. I see a woman that looks almost hypnotized, I see what appears to be a medical professional coaching her back to reality.

Of course you don't see things that happen off camera, but you can clearly see in that clip that others see it too. She also clearly and immediately identifies what she's seen as protestors. If she had a seizure, she comes across as incredibly lucent in that clip.

polluxlm wrote:

But if you see nothing odd about her behavior here, there is nothing I can do for you. I assume you think "nothing's going on" here as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMHOcmDVBP0

[/embed]
Yeah, that was a strange episode, and it didn't need a doctored video (with added loops/rewinds) to make it look worse. If the people pushing this 'mentally ill' agenda were intellectually honest, they would post an unedited video. But again, there are so much more straightforward explanations for this than the 'mental illness' angle you've latched on to. If anything, she's just a socially awkward geek that doesn't know how to respond in certain situations. She flinches (probably due to the microphone popping up in her peripheral vision), knows it looks stupid and decides to make an awkward exaggerated joke out of it. Or, perhaps she is indeed epileptic, but epilepsy is not considered a mental illness, and is not considered a life threatening or debilitating condition. As a matter of fact, epilepsy is characterized by having no symptoms between episodes at all.

polluxlm wrote:

I say again, if Trump did either of these you'd hear about nothing else.

I disagree, Trump does enough stupid and strange stuff to make videos like the two you showed seem trivial in comparison.

This shit angers me, because it takes away from actual policy issues that are worth discussing so much more than this bullshit. There's plenty of reasons to dislike her, you know I dislike her as well, but peddling these conspiracy theories is just... ugh...

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Watch the clip in it's entirety (which is actually difficult because every conspiracy kook and religious nut has grabbed it and edited it for their agenda) and it's clear she's goofing around.

I guess anything is better than talking about how much Trump has cratered over the last week huh?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

tumblr_inline_nfg2lrRWJI1rlrhqs.gif

I can't believe how gullible conspiracy theorists are, but it's getting beyond ridiculous. I just can't believe how these people flock to Trump. Is he really that big of a conspiracy theorist himself?

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Trump suggests the "second amendment people" could shoot Clinton to prevent her from appointing judges and Hillary needs the diazepam?? It's funny how Trump's and his Trumpeters insults towards Clinton actually fit him to a tee.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

In a summary by LongRoom Unbiased polls it shows Donald J. Trump leading his rival Hillary Clinton by 0.9% as of 8/01.

After the rocky week that Trump was having with the entire Khan family controversy it seems that of the 6 polls conducted this week by LongRoom, USC-Daybreak, YouGov, CBS, CNN, and Morning Consult Trump holds a lead in 4 of them.

For clarification, LongRoom conducts their polls a bit differently than traditional polling places, they compensate for the over sampling of Democrats and Republicans and use accurate representations of area demographics to skew the results in a more unbiased manner. LongRoom has a long history of being fairly accurate with polls from past elections, you can read up on their full methodology including sources for the demographics here. It is obviously best to take these new poll results with a grain of salt.

fivethirtyeight addressed this today:

You should also be skeptical of other attempts to reweight pollsters’ data. One website, LongRoom, claims to “unbias” the polls using “actual state voter registration data from the Secretary of State or Election Division of each state.” The website contends that almost every public poll is biased in favor of Clinton.

Think about what that means: The website is saying that a large number of professional pollsters who make their living trying to provide accurate information — and have a good record of doing so — are all deliberately biasing the polls and aren’t correcting for it. Like many conspiracy theories, that seems implausible.

I’d also point out that election offices from different states collect different data. Some states don’t have party registration; other states don’t collect data on a person’s race; some states collect data on neither. There are some companies that try to fill in missing data for each state, though it costs a lot to get that data. Isn’t it more plausible the people who get paid to know what they are doing are right, while some anonymous website on the internet with unclear methodology is wrong?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the … 538twitter

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

WSJ had an interesting article on Hillary and her lies. Rare to see those in the msm since they are doing everything they can to get her elected. It's no wonder people bury their heads given the support her lies are getting from pretty much everyone.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Of course you don't see things that happen off camera, but you can clearly see in that clip that others see it too. She also clearly and immediately identifies what she's seen as protestors. If she had a seizure, she comes across as incredibly lucent in that clip.

If you are convinced things happen off camera, use your common sense. If Hillary had been subjected to any imminent threat it would have made news. It's a group of animal protestors. They shout slogans. That's all that is going on in that crowd.

I don't know what she's having, but she's acting weird. And it's compounded by that fella stepping in like he's her emergency psychiatrist.

Yeah, that was a strange episode, and it didn't need a doctored video (with added loops/rewinds) to make it look worse. If the people pushing this 'mentally ill' agenda were intellectually honest, they would post an unedited video. But again, there are so much more straightforward explanations for this than the 'mental illness' angle you've latched on to. If anything, she's just a socially awkward geek that doesn't know how to respond in certain situations. She flinches (probably due to the microphone popping up in her peripheral vision), knows it looks stupid and decides to make an awkward exaggerated joke out of it. Or, perhaps she is indeed epileptic, but epilepsy is not considered a mental illness, and is not considered a life threatening or debilitating condition. As a matter of fact, epilepsy is characterized by having no symptoms between episodes at all.

You're protesting way too hard. The Presidential nominee is not socially awkward, that's just grasping at straws. A life long public persona getting flustered by a few journalists? Nah, not buying it. Strange episode? We agree on something. I've never seen anyone act like that, enough for me to call it freaking weird behavior from a politician, from anyone. When I then hear stories of previous health issues and see pictures of medical handlers in her constant proximity I can't help putting two and two together. Whatever it is I want to know, not excuses.

I disagree, Trump does enough stupid and strange stuff to make videos like the two you showed seem trivial in comparison.

This shit angers me, because it takes away from actual policy issues that are worth discussing so much more than this bullshit. There's plenty of reasons to dislike her, you know I dislike her as well, but peddling these conspiracy theories is just... ugh...

They talk about his hair for god sake. You'd have to live in cave to not get a whiff of the Trump campaign in the media. Why are we even debating this point?

Policy issues was never part of this race. It was always establishment vs. Trump. Now it's down to who can be made the bigger fool. On the issues people are already decided. Either you want more of the same, or you're fed up enough to take a chance on the reality tv billionaire with the big mouth, promising great things. No bad policy is going to sway a Hillary voter over to Trump, because he has no policies. His appeal (and disgust) is about something else.

Board footer