You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Very entertaining....

Trump got beat on a TKO.

He kicked her ass the first 3rd but lost his way the back 2 thirds.

Debate #2 will be better, that is the best Clinton will be. I think Trump has nowhere to go but up.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Trump lost the debate.  There's no amount of spin that can change that.  I'm not saying Clinton did incredibly well or she won anyone over, but Trump came across more as a Palin than as a McCain.  Will be interesting to see what impact this has on the polls.  Trump lost because he didn't offer anything of substance.  Clinton is a policy guru, so he needs to have something more substantial.   It doesn't mean Clinton offered more substance, in fact I read an article that commented on how Clinton didn't offer much, but rather said something and let Trump make himself look like a fool.

But if Trump thinks he can just get on stage and ramble without offering a vision or plan that consists of more than "Making America Great", Clinton's numbers are gonna jump.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Will be seeing it tonight, expecting nothing special from either one. From what I hear Trump came away not bad considering the moderator was a democrat, but of course we all knew it would be biased going in. If that's accurate and Hillary failed to demolish Trump under those conditions, I'd say she sort of lost.

MRC’s Brent Bozell: Trump Should ‘Raise Hell’ Over Lester Holt Lobbing ‘Softballs’ to Hillary ‘All Night’

After issuing a statement late Monday night blasting Lester Holt’s job as presidential debate moderator, Media Research Center president Brent Bozell joined the Fox Business Network’s late-night coverage and urged Donald Trump to “raise hell” over Holt “pitch[ing] softballs to Hillary Clinton all night long.”

Host Neil Cavuto turned to Bozell around the 12:48 a.m. Eastern mark for his thoughts on Holt and Bozell promptly went to his “scorecard” on Holt’s relentless hardballs and follow-ups to Trump versus those to Clinton.

On birtherism, stop and frisk, and taxes, Bozell noted that Holt asked Trump about these issues but immediately “challenged him on his answer” and then “challenged, interrupted, or fact-checked him six different times” about whether Trump backed the invasion of Iraq.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nb-staf … lt-lobbing

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Will be seeing it tonight, expecting nothing special from either one. From what I hear Trump came away not bad considering the moderator was a democrat, but of course we all knew it would be biased going in. If that's accurate and Hillary failed to demolish Trump under those conditions, I'd say she sort of lost.

MRC’s Brent Bozell: Trump Should ‘Raise Hell’ Over Lester Holt Lobbing ‘Softballs’ to Hillary ‘All Night’

After issuing a statement late Monday night blasting Lester Holt’s job as presidential debate moderator, Media Research Center president Brent Bozell joined the Fox Business Network’s late-night coverage and urged Donald Trump to “raise hell” over Holt “pitch[ing] softballs to Hillary Clinton all night long.”

Host Neil Cavuto turned to Bozell around the 12:48 a.m. Eastern mark for his thoughts on Holt and Bozell promptly went to his “scorecard” on Holt’s relentless hardballs and follow-ups to Trump versus those to Clinton.

On birtherism, stop and frisk, and taxes, Bozell noted that Holt asked Trump about these issues but immediately “challenged him on his answer” and then “challenged, interrupted, or fact-checked him six different times” about whether Trump backed the invasion of Iraq.

pollux do you ever do research on the sites you post news from?

I noticed a theme from most of the sites you've listed in this thread. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Research_Center

Seems strange for someone concerned about conspiracy theories.

Does Holt have a preference? Probably, but to say it shone through and Trump was hard done is a bit of a stretch.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Will be seeing it tonight, expecting nothing special from either one. From what I hear Trump came away not bad considering the moderator was a democrat, but of course we all knew it would be biased going in.

Lester Holt is a registered Republican. Has been since 2003.

From the L.A. Times:

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump didn't know moderator Lester Holt's political affiliation before labeling him a Democrat earlier this month, Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Monday.

Bloomberg Politics' co-managing editor Mark Halperin repeatedly pressed Conway on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Monday, questioning why Trump called the NBC anchor a Democrat if he didn't know. Holt has registered as a Republican in New York since 2003.

"I don't think he knew what Lester Holt's registration was," Conway said. "A lie would mean he knew the man's party registration."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ … story.html

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Being objective, Holt really have Hillary softballs all night.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I noticed a theme from most of the sites you've listed in this thread. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Research_Center

Does Holt have a preference? Probably, but to say it shone through and Trump was hard done is a bit of a stretch.

I post from all kinds of sites, but obviously I will find more stuff I like on the fringe.

This particular story I have a pretty strong gut feeling will be quite accurate, so I'll go with that over any "expert" opinions.

If it shone throgh I have no idea, I expect not too much since they are good at what they do. But from what I'm hearing the numbers were pretty stacked in her favor. Several tough questions for Trump with follow ups, one for her with no follow up. A few interruptions of her, much more for Trump, letting the crowd cheer her several times, but told them to stop when it was Trump. If that's what happened I'd call the bias objectively pretty strong.

Is that like when Robert Byrd decided not to be a racist anymore? wink

As I said, haven't seen it yet so I can't comment personally, but if this wasn't a biased debate I'll donate $ 100 to Hillary Clinton.

The scorpion bit the turtle because it was in his nature. The nature of the MSM is not to be objective and informative, that I learned some time ago.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I post from all kinds of sites, but obviously I will find more stuff I like on the fringe.

This particular story I have a pretty strong gut feeling will be quite accurate, so I'll go with that over any "expert" opinions.

If it shone throgh I have no idea, I expect not too much since they are good at what they do. But from what I'm hearing the numbers were pretty stacked in her favor. Several tough questions for Trump with follow ups, one for her with no follow up. A few interruptions of her, much more for Trump, letting the crowd cheer her several times, but told them to stop when it was Trump. If that's what happened I'd call the bias objectively pretty strong.

Is that like when Robert Byrd decided not to be a racist anymore? wink

As I said, haven't seen it yet so I can't comment personally, but if this wasn't a biased debate I'll donate $ 100 to Hillary Clinton.

The scorpion bit the turtle because it was in his nature. The nature of the MSM is not to be objective and informative, that I learned some time ago.

How is it biased? I don't get it...they allowed Trump to rant and rave and redirect the questions all he wanted.

It's just so typical of the Trump base...if you don't win, it's the rule's fault. Let's change the rules so that they are more "fair." Well then what's fair??

You know what....forget it...just create your own facts and live in your alternate reality where the narrative and the evidence always fit so perfectly.

If Trump looked bad last night, it's because he isn't good at this...but everyone has always had to participate in the debates regardless of whether it was a strength or not....

Trump should just quit the debates and make up his own reals....the rabid will always feed into that...

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump constantly talked all over Hillary and Holt. If anybody thinks that's bias for Clinton, I'm not sure what to say. If anything I'd say Holt was MIA, and we were both pointing that out during the debate. Where is the moderator? He's still talking, he's still interrupting...

I don't see how Trump can do any better next time, because this is Trump. He's a one trick pony. This worked for the GOP debates because he had small snippet to work with and a dozen other candidates that needed to talk. In a 1-1 format for 90 minutes he runs out of steam and his shtick only takes him so far.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Being objective, Holt really have Hillary softballs all night.

Really? He was letting Trump do whatever he wanted. He's said a lot of stupid shit, like the birther shit, he's going to be pressed on it. But Holt let him get by with rambling and not answer anything. At one point when Cyber Terrorism was brought up, the only thing he said that was clear was that his ten year old is good at computers, while defending Russia. Holt let him get away with a lot.

Board footer