You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fox is so obvious in their desire to bring down trump. They had slide show presentations prepared only for him and nobody else. Such bullshit. It was not a fair debate.

Kasich did great and Trump did well enough.

They actually had clips for all candidates in the last debate. But since Trump skipped like a child, he got his tonight.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fox is so obvious in their desire to bring down trump. They had slide show presentations prepared only for him and nobody else. Such bullshit. It was not a fair debate.

I agree on both points. I noticed that too, not very objective to come prepared to knock 1 candidate down but not all. They had an agenda.

Kasich looked like the sane character of an SNL skit. He said some very reasonable things. Too bad Cable News has wanted ratings, not a good Presidential candidate.  This election cycle should be studied in Media Law courses for years to come. Hopefully, 2020 isn't worse.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree on both points. I noticed that too, not very objective to come prepared to knock 1 candidate down but not all. They had an agenda.

Kasich looked like the sane character of an SNL skit. He said some very reasonable things. Too bad Cable News has wanted ratings, not a good Presidential candidate.  This election cycle should be studied in Media Law courses for years to come. Hopefully, 2020 isn't worse.

Fox has fueled the Obama hate for eight years, they're the last group to now suddenly act holier than thou, when they helped create the Trump movement. Matter of fact, they were his biggest platform before he ran for president.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Hopefully, 2020 isn't worse.

Well, chances are it will be Trump again...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

No doubt he will run again after he loses this election.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Here's the problem (and unfortunately this is the sad truth): the only way someone not from the establishment is ever going to change things is by being outrageous.  There's no other way to do it.  Plenty have tried and failed.  It has to be a Trump or someone like that, but just because he starts it doesn't mean he has to be the one to finish it.  Someone else more reasonable can come along with a similar message but a more subdued approach.  Maybe that ends up being Carson.  Maybe it's someone else.  But the only way you're getting a foot in the door is to kick it down and that takes someone like Trump whether we like it or not.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fox has fueled the Obama hate for eight years, they're the last group to now suddenly act holier than thou, when they helped create the Trump movement. Matter of fact, they were his biggest platform before he ran for president.

Yes, it is total bullshit.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Pathetic.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

No doubt he will run again after he loses this election.

Wow.  I think the exact opposite.  I do think his ego began to take this seriously recently, and I do think he "wants" to be President.  But the rigors & time away from what he really does, and the potential harm to his business brand/legacy, and kids, I think no way he runs again.

This whole thing is partially a joke deep down to him. A botched prank gone awry.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Remember, Kanye said he is running in 2020. Seriously.

Board footer