You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

This is pretty disturbing http://www.arabamericannews.com/news/ne … lict?.html

Sanders is at least reasonable
Hillary's just saying whatever she can to get the most votes from both sides
Trump flip flops from a conservative to a moderate position, then back again when he realizes being neutral isn't good for votes
Cruz and Kasich take a stance that represents every European criticism of US foreign policy
...And Carson's comments are fucking disgusting.

AtariLegend wrote:

Would be amusing if there was anything to this.

Did 2016 Republican Presidential contender Ted Cruz pay Carly Fiorina’s campaign to keep her quiet about an affair? It’s unlikely, but Twitter speculation abounds.

Chatter about the “scandal” stems entirely from a National Enquirer story that hit newsstands March 25, alleging Cruz had affairs with five women. The Enquirer ran pixelated headshots of five women that the tabloid claims had affairs with Cruz. One of the headshots appears to be of Carpenter, but there’s no evidence to back up the Enquirer’s report.
A Ted Cruz-affiliated Super PAC, Keep the Promise I, donated $500,000 to rival Carly Fiorina’s presidential campaign in July 2015. The Washington Post noted that the donation was “unusual” at the time, but Twitter and the National Enquirer claim to have a key piece of context: Cruz was having an affair with Fiorina staffer Sarah Isgur Flores.

The Enquirer claims that Cruz cheated on his wife with five different women over the course of his campaign. While the Enquirer pixelated the photos it ran with the story, Twitter sleuths posting at #CruzSexScandal have claimed to unravel a few of the mysteries:

CeX9CtpUMAEobow.jpg

Sarah Isgur Flores, in the center of the supposed de-pixelated photos above, worked for the Fiorina campaign during the 2016 election. As goes the theory, when Fiorina found out about the affair, Cruz silenced her with a half-million-dollar donation.

It bears repeating that no one has proof of anything, and Fiorina has herself endorsed and campaigned with Cruz since ending her campaign. Moreover, a photo from Flores’s Twitter shows Fiorina and the Cruz family being quite friendly:

It’s also important to note that the allegations come on the heels of a heated Twitter spat between Cruz and Donald Trump about the use of each others’ wives on the campaign trail, and that another named woman, Katrina Pierson, serves as a Trump spokeswoman. Left-leaning blog Crooks and Liars found the extent of these coincidences strained credulity:

"It feels to me like Trump dropped a whole lot of garbage over at the Enquirer to discredit Ted Cruz, and that sense is backed up even more by the fact that one of the lovely ladies is supposedly Donald Trump’s spokeswoman. That’s just a little too convenient."

Source: http://heavy.com/news/2016/03/ted-cruz- … ur-flores/

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I wouldn't bet against it. If you're willing to lie to get elected, why not get it on with some beautiful women?

AtariLegend wrote:

This is a terrible idea, considering their election coverage every primary is Jimmy Dore shouting at the screen and ranting incoherently for 10 minutes about how everyone voted for Sanders and the main stream media is lying about Hillary winning primaries.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I have ever heard of the young Turks.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

This is a terrible idea, considering their election coverage every primary is Jimmy Dore shouting at the screen and ranting incoherently for 10 minutes about how everyone voted for Sanders and the main stream media is lying about Hillary winning primaries.

I enjoy me some TYT now and then. Sure, what you said is true enough, but I'd still like to see them do one. Can't be worse than some of the mainstream media stuff, and it'd be interesting to see someone else's take on it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

And of course more older people watch the news, but a lot young people do as well.

Bill Maher is a fucking great show and I disagree with much of what he says, but that is a fantastic show. Oliver is good too but he seems more of a blind liberal where as Maher will call out both sides.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Young Turks are terrible. Remember he had that show on MSNBC? His ratings were so bad that when he went on vacation and Al Sharpton filled in for him, the ratings spiked and he was fired while still on vacation. Do you know how bad of a host you have to be to get replaced by Sharpton?

He was worse than Olberman, but both of them could not debate a republican (hence, why they were never on Olberman's show) as they would have their asses handed to him. I saw Keith turned into a whimpering little bitch who curled into a fetal position by Maher and Howard Dean.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm surprised that Evo members didn't know Bri was with the Chicago Tribune. Been so long ago I don't remember if he just told me or if he discussed it on the forum years ago. Pretty sure he talked about it though especially in 08 during the leaks.

James, you're right. As a member of the media, I am scared of Trump. He wants to go after media members and organizations that he thinks have wronged him. And he's basically said he'll ignore the 1st Amendment to do so. That actually should scare every living American. It's literally the most important amendment; that's why it's first.

Although, I have to say, a lot of times when people say "media," they really mean broadcast news, like CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc.

Yeah that's what people are referring to. Wouldn't you agree that so called "news" on television isn't really news anymore but a panel of people being filmed bitching? Its a form of entertainment. I long for the days of people like Brokaw. As much as I loved watching those three off and on(especially Juliet Huddy 11 ) over the years....it went too far. The 24/7 news cycle pretty much guaranteed it would reach this point.

Having said that, I'm certainly not in support of silencing journalists. Each time in history that happens, really bad things start happening in the aftermath.

While I'd certainly support a change in format and how news is presented to the public, censorship isn't how to do it.

I think some of his extreme comments are to keep himself in the daily news cycle. Trump(or his handlers) really know what they are doing in regards to this.

He will most certainly move a bit closer to the center as we move along.

write headlines

Yeah and I'm still waiting for a plug....

How about this one...

GNRevolution.com predicted GNR reunion years before it happened. 13 16

How Donald Trump Exposed AIPAC

Trump needs to be careful here.

Trump has done the unthinkable. He has made me feel sympathy for Ted Cruz. Going after a wife is like how those despicable cunts like John McCain went after Chelsea Clinton when she was a kid.

14 The unthinkable? They fired the first shot. Trump warned them to back off...they didn't. So to you its ok if Trump's wife is mocked for modeling photos from years ago but let's not dare do the same to the partisan hacks who love such attacks.

As Palin would say......Gotcha!

I'll agree that McCain's comments about Chelsea were disgusting, way below the belt,  and it deserved to create a lot more controversy than it did.

Apparently it still hasn't sunk in with some people that he isn't fucking around. Hell....you still think his candidacy is a joke.  18

You'll stop laughing in November.

Did 2016 Republican Presidential contender Ted Cruz pay Carly Fiorina’s campaign to keep her quiet about an affair? It’s unlikely, but Twitter speculation abounds.

If you thought Trump's poll numbers are high now just wait...

I've never heard of these Turks either.

Bill Maher is a fucking great show and I disagree with much of what he says, but that is a fantastic show. Oliver is good too but he seems more of a blind liberal where as Maher will call out both sides.

His show in the mid-late 90s was must see TV. I used to hope Axl would have been a guest.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

James, yes, cable news is horrible.

Us print journalists have a name for broadcast: generic journalists. And we are kind in using the word "journalists."

Board footer