You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Dream Theater

Lomax wrote:

Dream Theater just released their new album "The Astonishing".
I think it is some of their best work to date.
It is well worth a listen and the band an official stream for free on youtube.
I think some of you might enjoy it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'll check it out. I think Bri is one of the few Evo fans of Dream Theater.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I have to give this a listen soon - I loved their last album.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yep, James, I am. I have not listened to this yet. I haven't had a chance to. I want to be able to take it in one sitting -- and that'll be close to 2 hours.

What I've heard, I've liked so far.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

image.jpg

Holy fuck!  I'm going to pass on buying this on vinyl... unless it's released in the US at a more reasonable price. No way I'll pay more than $60

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I also used to be a big DT fan. But before A Dramatic Turn of Events, I was starting to fall off. It was all kind of becoming the same thing over and over again. Same hooks, same melodies, 15 minutes songs... on and on.

Dramatic was a great reboot album, then they did their self-titled album, and now The Astonishing is supposed to be a 2-hour concept album. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Jordan Ruddess said on Eddie Trunk's podcast that when you do listen to it, make sure to listen to all of it because it was  really an album-listen. An immersive experience.

Dream Theater have really stepped it up since parting ways with Mike Portnoy. But then again, Portnoy & The Winery Dogs are pretty good too.

Board footer