You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Slash's 2010 solo album

polluxlm wrote:

Apart from overestimating his own importance, Matt was trying to make a point to Axl. "Your whole band is leaving you dude". His bad attitude aside, Matt always had a direct, simple approach to things. "GN'R is you and Slash together, call me when you realize that" - type stuff. Only him and Slash certainly underestimated Axl's determination once that bridge was severed.

If Matt had played the man's tune he would still be in the band. Axl could have cut costs and thrown out Dizzy when Chris arrived, but he returns loyalty. 

Axl definitely made some very disparaging comments about Slash over the years. It is also hard to deny there has been an attempt to eviscerate Slash from GN'Rs legacy. However that was all stemming from the sense of personal betrayal Axl felt, not Slash' creative abilities. Axl said of him something like "he had so much talent and I wanted to make him great, but he threw it all away". In Axl's estimation Slash could have been the Jimmy Page of his generation. Lead guitarist numero uno. And with how much success he's had with his solo career, despite not lighting the world on fire with hits, he would probably reach that type of status if GN'R had trucked on Metallica and U2 style.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash is the Jimmy Page of our era.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If Matt had played the man's tune he would still be in the band. Axl could have cut costs and thrown out Dizzy when Chris arrived, but he returns loyalty.

Didnt Dizzy have an ad out in a local LA newspaper a few years ago searching for a couch to sleep on?

Cant remember the ins and outs myself, sure someone will.

AtariLegend wrote:
Olorin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Didnt Dizzy have an ad out in a local LA newspaper a few years ago searching for a couch to sleep on?

Cant remember the ins and outs myself, sure someone will.

Basically he was looking for a place to rent/roomate for a while in LA(?). It was more than a few years ago, it actually sounded absurd at the time. Not sure if it was real thinking back on it.

Basically he didn't want to deal with any crazy chicks or people with certain habits.

It's probably somewhere in the archives. I think might have been from the days of MYSPACE tongue.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Geeez, I forgot about that, but I think I do remember it when it was a story.  I googled it & came across this summary,  http://www.idolator.com/304903/304903

Could be one of the new lows in GnR-land.  Worse than My World.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Dizzy is just weird like that. Like the whole fraternity thing way back.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fucking A.... Where has all of Dizzy's money gone?!? That is Sad!! I guess with no writing credits he doesn't make much.  Seems more desperate than Gilby. Dang.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Axl said of him something like "he had so much talent and I wanted to make him great, but he threw it all away"

Interesting that he'd say that about Slash because it sounds more like he's describing himself.

I need to listen to this Slash album again. I only cared about the Cornell track and it certainly didn't blow my mind.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I like Dr. Alibi with Lemmy
Nothing to Say was Slash's metal song
Back to Cali was solid
By the Sword was very good
Ghost was pretty kick ass
Kid Rock song was rock by numbers
Maroon 5 song was a nice song
Starlight was good, but a rod Stewart rip off
Fergie Song rocked
Saint and a Sinner too is fantastic
Watch This is killer
Ozzy song was just okay
Song with Cornell was good
We're All Gonna Die, I liked the music. Lyrics were uninspired.
Baby Can't Drive, terrible lyrics, killer drums and guitar
Song with Koshi vocals terrible, music was good.

For GNR Ghost, Nothing to Say, Watch This, Dr. Alibi would all work.

Board footer