You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Did IZZY STRADLIN Join TWITTER And Say Something About GUNS N' ROSES?

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wow. Izzy didn't choose that song by accident. A message is being sent. Has it been received? 18

Axl will either cave, dig heels in, or walk. Izzy is all but calling him out.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I bet his name kinda escapes Axl.

'92 all over again. Break out 14 years w/ that introduction.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Izzy left a voicemail with Andy Greene and he still wasn't able to verify the account, either that or he was in on it right from the start and was asked to hold out on printing 10 16 Awesome that he's shared the content of the voicemail message though as it clarifies why Izzy has joined Twitter smile

Definitely finding Izzys choice of song interesting, but it could genuinely just be an old fave like he says. The problem we have is knowing which of Izzys tweets we should take more seriously and which ones we should disregard as him having fun.

Taking "Yo Sol Axl Rose", "Izzy & Adler Do You Love Me", and now this video snippet it paints a pretty bleak picture about what Izzy thinks of the GNR thing 18

johndivney wrote:

Haha izzy's burning his bridges!

Can't see why it'd bother Axl (& Duff n Slash) too much other than the slight embarrassment. Izzys the one on the outside looking in. He can take all the shots he wants til he tires himself out, Axl'll still be the one getting paid.
Shame about the acrimony. At this stage I'm certain Izzy is out & the chances of an AFD reunion/30th anniversary are slim if he keeps this up.

Fuck me. What a bunch of big babies.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Haha izzy's burning his bridges!

Can't see why it'd bother Axl (& Duff n Slash) too much other than the slight embarrassment. Izzys the one on the outside looking in. He can take all the shots he wants til he tires himself out, Axl'll still be the one getting paid.

If this Izzy story keeps gaining traction and continues or restarts when the tour is going, don't underestimate the media using it to stir up controversy, which could easily lead to a backlash.

I said at the beginning of this hoopla that Izzy not being involved might go over with the general public as long as the media doesn't repeatedly point out his absence.

Young hipsters/casuals want to hear Jungle with Axl and Slash. Fans in their 30s and up are more likely to want a bit more. If GNR had no intention of doing an actual reunion, management should have instantly announced to the world that Slash and Duff were just joining for a tour/working on music. Instead...they launch a trailer announcing GNR is back in front of the biggest movie of the decade....... then go silent......announce some tour dates.....call it a "regrouping".....go silent again.

That dog aint hunting very long....

Management needs a new strategy with this. I understand there are negotiations, contracts, yada yada yada....but that doesn't mean you just sit back and let the media, fans, "ex members looking in" change the direction this was/ is going in.

Yeah i know...tickets have sold out. Those same tickets can get thrown on stub hub in three shakes of a lamb's tail.

If the media starts saying they wanted the massive promo a reunion provides but its not a reunion....it can be presented as bait and switch and not too many fans of bait and switches, especially at 400 bucks a pop.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Looks rumors are Izzy was offered pennies. PENNIES. It is about Money. PERIOD.

Sky Dog wrote:

Where did you hear that?

I do agree the song clearly had a point to it.

johndivney wrote:

Yea & now we know why he's not following any GnR members & vice versa..??

Haha it never ends with these guys.. Freakin drama queens.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Where did you hear that?

I do agree the song clearly had a point to it.

Good to see you back.

I know you were also  one of the no Izzy=no real reunion types. It's an exciting time no doubt but if he is absent it definitely lacks that ingredient only he can give it.

johndivney wrote:

Sky Dog if you don't start appreciating my contributions to this forum I'm going to record a passive aggressive song & tweet it to everyone to teach you a lesson motherfucker!

Board footer