You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

AtariLegend wrote:

johnny you may be right. If he holds another election before he quits as a final "fuck you" to Boris ect and the Tories lose... their'll be a BIG EXCUSE for a second referendum.

The question is, would he have the balls to call for another election?

johndivney wrote:

Fleet Street has been grooming boris for pm for decades now. & boris himself well this has always been what he wanted..

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm too optimistic.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

A Private Eye wrote:

I think Cameron will be ok. He was only voted in again last year and I don't think it was because he promised to hold a referendum.

Shows what I know 16

What a mess. He should call another general election as a last fuck you, I'd support that.

johndivney wrote:

Under other circumstances I could see valid reasons for leaving the EU. Even tho I am pro-eu I do think it's a flawed institution & there are possible benefits to be reaped from working outside its confines.
But this? This isn't a good idea. The whole thing has been a disaster from the get go. The EU has been blamed for things it had nothing to do with & a lot of people have voted out on the premise of false promises, misinformation & lies. There was no reasoned debate before or after the referendum was called, & the campaign quickly descended into a nasty battle led by people's self interest. Johnson & Gove were only out for their personal benefit, they didn't or don't care about how it affects anyone else. They've only got their eyes on the prize.

But really, it's a failure on the part of everyone. To have let our politics get into such a seedy state. We haven't been vigilant or policed ourselves as a society, as this is what we get..

A Private Eye

Unreal.

We knew the £350 million figure was a myth but the last votes hadn't even been counted at this point.

A Private Eye

I've also seen a tweet this morning, not sure how accurate it is, that says Britain has already lost more money in the last 12 hours than it will ever save from not paying in to the eu.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I've also seen a tweet this morning, not sure how accurate it is, that says Britain has already lost more money in the last 12 hours than it will ever save from not paying in to the eu.

That's going to be hard to quantify I think, unless they are just counting membership fee, which would be far from accurate. There are many other costs, direct and indirect.

A fall in the stock market isn't exactly a loss in my eyes either. Those things jump up and down every 5 years.

A Private Eye

johndivney wrote:

It was England, mate. Always England..

Apparently Wales voted out as well, but yes the little Englanders have well and truly spoken.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

So the EU is finally on the verge of imploding?

Anyone already goose stepping down the strasse?

FWIW(nothing)....I predicted this 8 years ago.

Board footer