You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

BLS-Pride wrote:

Didn't Van Halen do a warm up for friends and family and guests? I see both sides of the coin. Maybe if I had tickets to Vegas I would be bothered more but a surprise gig to comeback in LA where it all started seems cool to me. You are still gonna have a hell of a time SG. Just drink some whiskey and think car washes 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah when the first ballad kicks in, instead of holding up a cigarette lighter I want SG to hold up a windshield wiper...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hahaha. You guys I think need to eat some crow. Everything Bunton has said is about to be true.

A FUCK LOAD of chatter on MyGNR about the show tomorrow. Tower Records building a stage for on top of the roof? Could be a hoax.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

That's what makes them the most dangerous band in the world though.

Not sure if that's a joke, but I strongly disagree, to me the essence of old GNR was that the DELIVERED despite the bullshit. Like, sure, you might have Axl come a few hours late, he might go on a rant....but you would get a rock act that was one of the best of all time. The problem since 1995 is that the band basically stopped delivering.....took them a generation to get out an album....and then it had some issues....dozen of pojects scrapped...I'm not even going to list it all as you know it.

Anyway...Axl's unpredictability is what made it dangerous, but it never used to be a con, which is basically what things are fast becoming in recent times.

faldor wrote:

Look, we've gotten so little over the years, I think we should be happy with whatever is thrown our way.

That's why we differ I guess. The more they screw us the better we deserve next time. Otherwise at some point it's just Stockholm syndrome. But i'm sick of that mindset - Axl has ruined most of his own career and I'm tired of being told when fans want something reasonable that we're just finding stuff to complain about.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … =3&theater
So... I realize its April 1st, but..  This pic was posted on facebook claiming a show at the Troubador as well as a special press conference.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

We'll find out soon enough...

Lomax wrote:

Is this not a common enough occurrence? Bands book tours all the time and then do some one off club gigs for a small group of hardcores and press.
You know, if this is actually happening surely people on the  official gnr fan site would be aware? I'd imagine they would be given first choiice on tickets.

Wait a minute.... Just checked the official site.

IMB4FL4.png

Something is happening.

Source: www.gunsnroses.com

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

It'd seem its happening.  Then again, it'd be very GN'R of them to let it out that a show would happen on april fools day, then build it up as they have to bring us around to the point of "oh, I mean at this point it couldn't be an april fools joke" and then have it be nothing more than a joke the whole time. 

All I know is they'd best nail it if they do perform, they could sink the buzz real quick by sucking a la RIR 2011 or Neil Young show.

Lomax wrote:
AndyShores wrote:

All I know is they'd best nail it if they do perform, they could sink the buzz real quick by sucking a la RIR 2011 or Neil Young show.

You're right. I think in RIR 2011 Axl was the weak link. He seemed tired and out of practice.
It looks like he has some confidence in his voice now which might mean its all trained up and good to go. I'm basing that totally on his willingness to audition for AC/DC. A singer needs serious confidence to audition for that gig.

So if he is together Slash and Duff will bring it too. I saw Axl in 09 and he was excellent. I saw Duff in 2011 and he was excellent and saw Slash in 2013 and he was excellent. Those are all fairly recent dates, so if they can bring what they've been bringing over the past 5 years, it will be an excellent show.

lance

lance wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Hahaha. You guys I think need to eat some crow. Everything Bunton has said is about to be true.

A FUCK LOAD of chatter on MyGNR about the show tomorrow. Tower Records building a stage for on top of the roof? Could be a hoax.

First thing i thought when i read your post. 7059beb677041d0adbe67ca5b1c0a22c.jpg

Board footer