You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: What does a reunion mean for Axl's Vault?

deadsouth wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

What about Breakdown? Seems like that one is in Axl's regular voice without much high pitched screaming.

LOL,, now that'd be a shock... I'm pretty sure Breakdown was only performed a time or two during the early pre UYI release tour in '91.

Yeah, once in NY(recorded) and another night in Charlotte(no recording exists)

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

LOL,, now that'd be a shock... I'm pretty sure Breakdown was only performed a time or two during the early pre UYI release tour in '91.

not 100% true - at least two recorded performances exist (Worcester 1991-12-06 and NYC 1991-12-13). not sure about Charlotte (probably 1991-06-23), because no known setlist of that show exists, the only information is that the set lasted 3 hours.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Y'know what they should cover? Gimme Shelter. Melissa can do the female vocals (which involve most of the heavy lifting, so it gives Axl's voice a break) – or they can get a high-profile guest like Fergie:

or Lzzy Hale:

And a Slash/Fortus guitar combo would sound fucking awesome on that track.

This needs to happen. I'd go so far as to say that done right, it could be a studio cover to equal LALD or KOHD.

I have watched that a million times. I love it. Slash is in pure bauce mode there. Times like that he deserves on any bullshit list about greatest of all time. That shit was just perfect. Total bauce, Icon move.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
zombux wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

not 100% true - at least two recorded performances exist (Worcester 1991-12-06 and NYC 1991-12-13). not sure about Charlotte (probably 1991-06-23), because no known setlist of that show exists, the only information is that the set lasted 3 hours.

Breakdown was performed twice, both in 91.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=2514

Worcester and NY

http://www.gnrontour.com/

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

well, that's what I said smile

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I know, just wanted to source it. smile

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Could it mean stripped down recordings with Slash on Better and CD as its being played in the concerts?     Those tracks are good enough to deserve a proper recording without 500 layers on top.   

As far as future material, I think anything could be fair game.   GnR's vault, Slash or Duff songs from any era that never got recorded, or entirely brand new songs.     However, I am not optimistic that new songs are on the way.    This is about nostalgia.   And new music doesn't generate nearly the kind of $$$ it did 20-30 years ago.     

I'd be happy with a couple re-made CD tracks on a compilation Best Of release.    Let Slash and Duff put their spin on those songs and it lets them have some part of that era in GnR history.    A new song or two on top of that would be icing on the cake.    But I don't expect any of it.

Board footer