You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

FlashFlood wrote:

Finally on the floor at the show. Doors opened an hour late, people restless.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's the best Axl pic I've seen in all of 2016 16

Dude is in his best shape since 06.

I also think he's vocally in his 2006 form. I noticed this with the Troub show, and the video GN'R released solidified it.

I thought Axl sounded great in 2006. It was a mix of rasp and the clean vocal. Bad nights were all clean vocal. But the difference in 2006 vs. 2002 & 2011-14, was that Axl HAD POWER (BTTF 2)!

I would GLADLY take 2006 vocal Axl + Slash & Duff in 2016. FUCK YES! According to Scott Weiland, we almost got that in 2006....

Scott was full of shit. Axl was still excited about CD and no way, no way, NO WAY, he would work with anyone with Perla in the picture, and she was a source of the shit thrown at Axl. There could have been some offer, they said they got them every year, but no way do I believe Scott.

I would have taken 2006 Axl in 2002!

It originally came from Halfin and they weren't full of shit. It fell apart when Axl wanted them to sign over all their rights. Only reason the fan base didn't go ape shit over it is because of the leaks and of course tons of shows being announced.

Never thought it was interesting how it went from literally tumbleweeds to a major tour in place? Look how Ron had to be hired at the last second. If plans had been in place for another CD comeback in 05-06, that slot would have already been filled.

I'm in the minority that believes the infamous visit from Slash to Axl's house had something to do with the imploding reunion and not any lawsuit or whatever theory was being tossed around.

I'm hoping at some point they address what was really going on late 05/early 06.

It was clearly doomed from the start but to just chalk it up as bullshit just because it came from two people close to Slash doesn't make it bullshit. It just means you fell hook, line, and sinker for the cancer comments, just like "not in this lifetime" when he had stated privately he no longer had problems with Slash.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Weiland was trying to stir shit at that time, at a risk of VR... it's why I always tended to believe it later, when other evidence and/or rumor came to light.

But at the time? Yeah... I thought it was Scott being Scott. A habitual liar.

EVER!!!

I think everyone needed to get their shit together. I still think had the various managers hadn't tried to push/force him into a reunion it probably would have happened a few years earlier...but again, it would jot have happened with Perla in the picture. Beta would have ate her soul.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

At the venue! Arena is beautiful, climate is intense... Anxiety is in the air!

My seating is quite good (thanks SG)!

Am posting some pics on Twitter.com/OttoSporteman

Organization was a mess. Delayed opening the gates for an hour. Because of the soundcheck perhaps?

Anyway... GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES BABY!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Finally on the floor at the show. Doors opened an hour late, people restless.

Gonna be a rough crowd for AIC. Even though there are sure to be AIC fans in the arena, people are there for one thing....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

How the hell would Halfin know anything? Most everyone outside Def Leopard hates that guy.

AtariLegend wrote:

We need a back up stream!

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

it is off air. is this by design?

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
war wrote:

it is off air. is this by design?

it's people live streaming from their phones.
i assume they're saving their batteries for the gnr set.
there's no official stream.

this is live atm: https://www.periscope.tv/glamnationparty/1kvKpBeDaoQJE

Board footer