You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

Smoking Guns wrote:

People are getting jittery. Better start this shit.  Lots of wannabe badasses here.

johndivney wrote:

So midnight, or a couple of mins beforehand?

No curfew in place for this arena?
Tbh I know it attracts a lot of hate, but I'm in Axl's camp on this matter.. Just the time between AiC finishing & GnR starting is the drag.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

My phone is going to die soon. Trying to arrange a meet-up with sg after the show.

Thanks for the invite guys!!! smile

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Jim Florentine is seated two rows from me. Myles Kennedy and the conspirators are right behind, with girls and some other folks.

It's pretty packed. Gonna post soon.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Tbh I know it attracts a lot of hate, but I'm in Axl's camp on this matter.. Just the time between AiC finishing & GnR starting is the drag.

What about for those of us those waiting until 8:AM without sleep for unauthorized streams to start? Someone needs to think of us.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

https://twitter.com/OttoSporteman/status/718690904383459328

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

What about for those of us those waiting until 8:AM without sleep for unauthorized streams to start? Someone needs to think of us.

I just want the show to start so I can watch one song with shitty sound and call it a night. I've come this far. Is that too much to ask?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I can meet after show. Let me know where!!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

People are getting jittery. Better start this shit.  Lots of wannabe badasses here.

THis is why the showing up at 1 am to start at 2 am isn't going to fly in this era. Then factor in social media and how everyone wants to be their own star and make news themselves.

Just one or two things need to happen to rile up a crowd in this day and age. Obviously the show is about to start but they really need to be careful with this further down the line.

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Yea I was surprised when I saw you on earlier. I was just getting up around 6:45 & thought of the gig. Certainly wasn't going to be staying up for it.

But seriously tho, when GnR do play Europe (& I get it's slightly different for us in terms of public transport etc) it gets on my nerves people being pissy about the start times. Some of their claims are legit, but if you're not on board with the protocol then don't buy a ticket in the first place. Basically what I'm saying is, Axl's right & society in general is wrong. Rock shows should be late night events & plan (or don't) accordingly. It's the rest of rock that has sold us out with their early shows & not breaking curfew, no energy in those shows, just generic performances.
/pointless rant

Board footer