You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: For the tour - Rules SG would have in place

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes or no: Brent Fitz is better drummer than Frank Ferrer.   You guys need to be objective some.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Way too much thinking for me. I just watch the show and enjoy it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The shows are still enjoyable. But they can be better.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes or no: Brent Fitz is better drummer than Frank Ferrer.   You guys need to be objective some.

It's not really about who's the best but rather which sounds better as a unit - and I have stated that I prefer GN'R.

Brent Fitz might very well be a better drummer than Frank Ferrer, though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You're not gonna get many people siding with Slash solo bands or drummers. Other than that album with different singers and a few links to various Slash songs, I've never heard any of their material.

If I didn't have hearing loss I would have went to Slash's solo show last year. Not willing to blow my ears out on shit like that. At this point my ears will only accept the real thing.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It's not really about who's the best but rather which sounds better as a unit - and I have stated that I prefer GN'R.

Brent Fitz might very well be a better drummer than Frank Ferrer, though.

Most would agree the conspirators right now are much tighter than current GNR. That was my point. There are not timing issues and people going in different directions like we have seen with current guns. Also I posted the clip of the RNRHOF which they only had 1 or 2 days to rehearse, again that too is closer to original GNR. I don't get this feel you guys talk about. Put Brent or Sorum in that kit Frank plays and it would possibly eliminate timing issues because Slash and to an extent Duff are used to playing with them. That is my whole point. If we know Duff and Slash know the songs inside and out and play like UYI days, than it must be Frank, Fortus, or Axl changing things.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I don't really know what you want me to say. It's how I feel.

Oh, and for the record I do not rate Frank's playing all that highly either even though I like him since he seems like a genuinely nice person - I just think he fits the bill.

Personally I would rather have seen Brain or Sorum behind the kit but that is another story altogether.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Wouldn't that mean poor old Del James would be out of a job and he'd stop thinking he was part of the band?

AtariLegend wrote:

I know people don't like some of the comments he's made down the years, but he's the tour manager. He works for Axl, not like there's no reason for him to be there.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Brain would've been great but people would complain on that choice as well.

Board footer