You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 20/4/16 FORO SOL, MEXICO CITY, MEXICO

monkeychow wrote:

Sounded like Axl missed the high note in the middle (nailed in back in 2009 so he can do it live) but otherwise this version was fucking amazing.

Slash covering the bucket solo but with his slash way....sounded fantastic.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I told you bastards the end of TWAT was off the hook. You fuckers didn't believe me. 16  Axl in full vintage rasp mode with Slash shredding his ass off. Duff doing a great job on backing vocals behind Axl's screams.

It was impressive. Axl was very close to album like vocals... He will get there!  Slash, what can you say, the fucker had learned CD, Twat, TIL, Better and possibly Riad (due to him teasing prior to RQ). I mean fuck. That wasn't easy shit to learn and rehearse all the other songs and work out Layla and Wish You Were Here. He had to learn the most of any member and he had fucking killed it honestly.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I told you bastards the end of TWAT was off the hook. You fuckers didn't believe me. 16  Axl in full vintage rasp mode with Slash shredding his ass off. Duff doing a great job on backing vocals behind Axl's screams.

It was impressive. Axl was very close to album like vocals... He will get there!  Slash, what can you say, the fucker had learned CD, Twat, TIL, Better and possibly Riad (due to him teasing prior to RQ). I mean fuck. That wasn't easy shit to learn and rehearse all the other songs and work out Layla and Wish You Were Here. He had to learn the most of any member and he had fucking killed it honestly.

I think Slash is enjoying the shit out of this. 65,000 people back to back nights. Must feel good for him after years of tough sledding in the solo career. Same goes for Duff and Axl. They're all in the big leagues again together.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I hope they keep playing twat - sooner or later someone will do a great boot of it.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Amazing rendition of TWAT! Slash is killing on the solo!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yesterdays/TWAT or Coma/whatever. Don't Cry or Patience. The summer tour is going to have amazing set lists and they are also adding a bit of incentive for hardcore fans to go to multiple shows. If you see two or more shows you will not get identical set lists.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

If Axl is willing to sing Coma and TWAT, the entire discography is in play except My World. 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This still blows my mind --

Slash is so much better on this than Ron. I really hated Ron's choppy/weird riffage, but I love what Slash has done with it. It finally works. And it looks like he's having a blast.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

It's so good. I wish we had a studio of this version. Slash sounds awesome the way he solos over the ending....

johndivney wrote:

This is amazing. Great time to be a GnR fan.

I dunno if any of you have seen Curb Your Enthusiasm/Seinfeld. They do a Seinfeld reunion on Curb, & Jerry's asking reunions are always lame, how will they're reunion not be lame? & Larry says because we'll do it in a way that won't be lame. That what Guns are doing.
There's more at play here than just a simple cash grab, they're putting in the effort & genuinely brilliant performances. It's a credit to them. Such a change in atmosphere from the Guns shows from '08 until this year..

Board footer