You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: What's left that the we want added to the set-list?

AtariLegend wrote:

I updated the list, with notes about tracks that were never played live ever regardless of the era. If there isn't a note beside it, it was played at least a few times in 93 or before.

I also for some reason missed a certain track that closes out GN'R Lies.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I know they don't count per the premise of discussion, but I'm surprised that, if they were going to be playing CD songs anyway, they haven't played IRS or The Blues. Older songs that make perfect sense for Slash.

I'm curious what Lofton's thoughts on Slash's take on the IRS Bucket solo would be.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Don't Damn Me
Locomotive
Breakdown
Pretty Tied Up
The Garden

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

If we only get one I'm going to call for "The Garden"

Out of the covers I'd go with "Hair of the Dog" as it would be great with Axl's current rasp.

I sort of want to cheat and have a new-slash version of "Oh My God" also but I know it was  performed in 2001 so I suppose it technically fails the "pre-2001" test - but it has been a good (bad) 15 years wink

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

The Garden and Breakdown.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Breakdown, pretry tied up and don't damn me would all be pretty fn cool

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The Garden. I might cry if they play it in Frisco.

I also want them to whip out Buick Makane but its as unlikely as OIAM but for different reasons. As far as other songs never performed live, DDM is most likely and call me crazy but I now think SIDHY is in play especially since it was played on top 40 radio in late 93/early 94.

Songs like Crash Diet, Bring It Back Home, Just Another Sunday have less than zero chance. They're not even officially GNR songs. Never were..never will be. We're lucky we ever even heard them. I have some doubts they'd even make it on to a box set. Songs like Sentimental Movie, Too Much Too Soon,etc. are barely a notch above these and wont be performed either.

Only song in that category that might have a snowball's chance in hell at some point is Aint Going Down since it does have a real history. It was supposed to be on UYI and wound up a few years later being the bonus track on the pinball machine.

FlashFlood wrote:

I'm curious what Lofton's thoughts on Slash's take on the IRS Bucket solo would be.

Its number one on the list of CD solos I'd like to hear from Slash. It's an inctredible solo that meshes perfectly with that Axl scream. It literally cannot be improved. Bucket cant improve it either. I'd like to see if Slash tackles it as is or he does his own fresh take on it. So far he seems to be paying tribute to Bucket's material while retooling Finck solos. I assume he'd do the same thing here.

I also wonder if Slash would even be the one to play it or would he/they hand it over to Fortus.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Aside from a few deep UYI cuts, I am really anxious for more CD material.

Slash on IRS and Shacklers?

The Blues used to be a show staple.    Bring it back.

Honorable mentions for Madagascar and Catcher.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If Slash will take The Blues back to its 2002 version I will stand on the top of a mountain holding a sign and screaming for it.

If its gonns be the 2006/album version, let it stay where it is.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

James Lofton wrote:

If Slash will take The Blues back to its 2002 version I will stand on the top of a mountain holding a sign and screaming for it.

If its gonns be the 2006/album version, let it stay where it is.

I do agree 2002 version is much stronger.   Better guitars.   

I have a feeling it would different from both.. but definitely more stripped down and suited for Slash's playing.   

I still can't bring myself to call that song Street of Dreams.

Board footer