You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: Frozen 2 and LGBT activists

Alexis Isabel from feminism culture, is trying to push Disney to transform Elsa into a lesbian with a girlfriend with #giveelsaagirlfriend.

whats your take ?

I strongly disagree and will boycott all Disney if that worked out.

My kids already have a hard time understanding why parents don't love each other forever and separate.

In no way will I bring what happens in adults private life before their eyes or thoughts.

the_real_jessica

And don't get me wrong, I have nothing against homosexuals or any sexuality between consenting ADULTS.

But bringing homosexuality into a cartoon is another way to play with a kids mind in the making.

And sexuality has nothing to do around a kids mind.

Kids understand people can love.

They love same sex friends too.

Is there is a debate, it again turns around sex.

My kids have nothing to do being taken hostage into a sexual debate.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Agree, they will be alienating people, when hetero relationships are generic storytelling devices everyone can relate to. I'm not anti gay at all, but I'm raising my niece and at that age these toys and films and merchandise are aimed at for kids, it's my job to explain that stuff to her when I feel its appropriate. Not Disney.

the_real_jessica

misterID wrote:

Agree, they will be alienating people, when hetero relationships are generic storytelling devices everyone can relate to. I'm not anti gay at all, but I'm raising my niece and at that age these toys and films and merchandise are aimed at for kids, it's my job to explain that stuff to her when I feel its appropriate. Not Disney.

How old is your niece ?

My daughter is 3 and a half and I asked her and the boys today about seeing Elsa kiss a girl.

They all said fine.

So I said " on the mouth the kiss"

My daughter shows the cheek and says " no, here" and my boys of soon 5 blush and go " heeew"

Sexual diversity is not a subject for kids and I agree, it's up to us to decide how and when we will open their eyes about the world.

The later the better.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Getting so fed up with all this BS these days. Can't even imagine what kids are going through being exposed to it. I remember just talking about sex in your early teens at school was awkward as hell. Now they're having these talks in kindergarten and what not?

Board footer