You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: No Telepromters...

Olorin wrote:

Is this why people call Axl a genious, a true artist? Is this kind of challenging environment it takes for Axl 's mojo to be kindled??

The man is absolutely positively fucking killing it, its mindboggling how good he is, jeez man he is absolutely phenomenal!!

Axl Fuckin Rose   9 9 9

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The man is absolutely positively fucking killing it, its mindboggling how good he is, jeez man he is absolutely phenomenal!!

It truly is amazing to be witnessing all this after fans endured the second half of the CD saga.

Olorin wrote:

I was at the show the very next night and regret not going to this one as well. All I cared about was hearing the mythical UYI tracks and while I knew they were doing UYI heavy set lists, it was a crap shoot on what you'd get to hear.

Songs I would have sold my soul to the devil to hear based on the song descriptions during the 3 year hype before they went on tour:

November Rain
Estranged
Coma
The Garden
Dust N Bones
14 Years
Locomotive
DTJ
So Fine

I got to hear all of them but 14 Years, So Fine, Locomotive, Coma, and The Garden. Pissed me off when I found out later that Locomotive was played the night before. So was 14 Years but that was a regular.  The people who got the set lists that contained both DNB and 14 Years better know how lucky they were.

I also really wanted to hear Pretty Tied Up when RIP magazine claimed it had Izzy on vocals. Its a great song but was disappointed when first hearing it on the album and it wasn't Izzy singing.

Dust N Bones blew my mind that night. Its hard for younger fans to understand the excitement of getting to hear a GNR song with someone other than Axl on vocals.

They couldn't have hyped those albums better if they tried.

Oh and I'll always reget not going to the Warfield show on the warmup tour. Reading reviews of that almost killed me but at the same time was more hype for my show. Same with Arco.

Cant really complain about the set I got.

set: Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, It's So Easy, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Welcome To The Jungle, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Nightrain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine
encore: Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Guitar Jam, Paradise City
audio/video recording?: audio

Set the night before:

set: Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Bad Obsession, Nightrain, Dust N' Bones, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain, 14 Years, Double Talkin' Jive, Locomotive, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Estranged, Paradise City

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'll always regret not getting to see them first time around in the 90s, because I was too young to go to gigs back then. With all the acrimony between the band members, I thought that seeing Axl, Slash and Duff on stage together was a fool's dream – you bet your ass I'm seeing them when they come to the UK.

Board footer